General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Can I just say something, sorry it has to be said.

Why are people arguing about how long it takes to get a pint and how good the 'steps' look.

No one is arguing.

This thread is the place to discuss aspects of the football club with a member of the board.

I raised the point about the length of time it took to get served and the quality of the beer because I felt it needed to be raised. It's pointless spending a lot of money renovating the place if the service you receive inside is below an acceptable standard.

The issue of what happened on the pitch has been raised by others.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Can I also ask what the powers at be think about Roberto Martinez who being a Premiership novice completely out-thought O'Neill. Is O'Neill taking accountability for three to four months of relegation football?

Can I also say it's a disgrace to expect Fabian Delph to suddenly jump two leagues and perform at such a young age. This is a sure-fire way to break the confidence of a player so young.

We are hearing many stories circulating of player unrest and I certainly would not blame them if they are questioning the manager's decisions and tactics. Can you shed any light on this General? (ok, maybe you cannot answer this and I expect that but there is something wrong if the players are not performing.)

General,

We need to buy about 5 players. This will cost about 30/40m. If you buy the right ones.

My advice to you, My advice to Randy. DONT give this money to MON. Stick it out, invest it elsewhere, do whatever, but this man will waste Randy's money.

Upthevilla.

I think O'Neill's wasted about £23million of it on the worst defense Villa has seen in many years.

General,

We need to buy about 5 players. This will cost about 30/40m. If you buy the right ones.

My advice to you, My advice to Randy. DONT give this money to MON. Stick it out, invest it elsewhere, do whatever, but this man will waste Randy's money.

Upthevilla.

I think O'Neill's wasted about £23million of it on the worst defense Villa has seen in many years.

Give it a rest would you, you've already made you point!

Can I just say something, sorry it has to be said.

Why are people arguing about how long it takes to get a pint and how good the 'steps' look.

General, i couldnt care less how good the holte suite/pub looks as long as my team plays well. From what I saw today, i seriously doubt the abilities of our manager. all a manager has to do is buy good players because good players play well.

I dont buy into all this motivational rubbish, its XI vs XI on the day and the team with the better players wins, and we have a manager who has signed some utter dross with your mate Randys money.

And as For MON being this great motivator and leader, is that why our best young prospect (Gary Cahill) left us for Bolton, and why our best Striker stormed out of the club today on the news he'd been replaced by the utter embarrasment that is Emile Heskey. A player I believe is paid in the region of 60k a week?

The team is a joke. Stop spending money on pubs, hospitality, mosaics, and steps and buy some decent players, or get a manager that can because i wont pay money to watch that lot any more this season.

Don't want to turn the General's thread into a debate, but as annoyed as I was with today's performance, I would like to distance myself (and many other Villa fans, I'm sure) from statements such as this. In fact, I find them disgracefully ungrateful. Fickle indeed.

And I'll happily admit that I'd pay £1000 to sit in a shed in the freezing cold with no toilets or catering to watch Villa win the European Cup, but I certainly don't think that trying to improve the services at Villa Park and restore a sense of tradition and pride to the club is detrimental to our performances on the pitch.

The less short-sighted amongst us won't be naïvely assuming that money spent on the wonderful mosaic, for example, is coming out of our transfer budget. Nor will we allow any credence to ridiculous stories - proven to be false (see the relevant thread) - about player 'bust ups'. We also realise that some players are sold for reasons more complicated than it may first appear.

In fact, people easily forget how lucky we are to have your attention, and need to show a little more respect, I feel.

I hope things are sorted out after today's performance, which was incredibly sub-standard. However, I'm sure you're aware of this, Gen, as MON is. I just hope you also realise that not all us Villa fans are so unappreciative of the great job you've done so far!

UTV.

Hello General! I hope you and your family are well. I won't talk about the game today, I've tried to strike it from my memory ;)

I've purchased a membership in the Centenary Lounge suite this year, so I am sitting in the North Stand for the first time since the late 80's. Is it possible to do anything to improve the traffic flow in the corridor at the top of the stand?

The seating area for the Centenary Lounge is at the furthest end of the corridor, with the access door to the Lounge being at the bottom of a flight of stairs leading to seats and opposite the ladies toilet on one side and a refreshment kiosk on the other.

As you might imagine at half time the traffic flow is horrendous. I was stood queing for the ladies for two minutes before I realised what was happening :D I know this is a long way from being the most important thing on your agenda right now, but thought I should bring it to your attention (before the ladies complain!).

General Krulak here:

1. First off, I am a Fan. Yes, I am a Board Member but I am a Fan. I saw the game today...on the telly. I was gutted!!! There is absolutely nothing I can say about the performance other than it is not something that should be expected of lads wearing the Claret and Blue. My language may not be as salty as some who have posted but I can assure you that my feelings mirror many in regards to the play today. My only consolation and saving grace is that the players, coaches and the Manager cannot be happy about what happened on the Pitch. They are professionals and no professional likes to put on a show like that. They are going to being working overtime to do what is needed to get back on the winning track. Again, we feel bad but I think I can imagine how they feel. Still, it was a very grim afternoon.

2. I have never heard Randy say that he wasn't going to spend this summer...never. Second, fixing up Villa Park has zero to do with transfer dollars...it is not an "either/or" situation. The window is not over.

General Krulak here:

1. I am like you...I am a Fan first and foremost. I watched the game on the telly and was absolutely gutted. There is nothing I can really say about the performance other than it was not what is expected of lads wearing Claret and Blue. My language may not be as salty as some on this site but my feelings mirror many who have made comments. It was not a performance expected...it was very difficult to watch...I am sure it was even more difficult to watch in person. The only saving grace is that none of the players, the coaches or the Manager are happy with what happened either. They are professionals and professionals do not like to have what happened today, take place. I wish I could give an explanation or a reason...but I cannot. I can only believe that these professionals will come together and get back on the winning track. It was a grim afternoon.

2. I never heard Randy say that he wasn't going to spend money this summer...never. Not sure where that came from and it is obviously not accurate.

Don't want to turn the General's thread into a debate, but as annoyed as I was with today's performance, I would like to distance myself (and many other Villa fans, I'm sure) from statements such as this. In fact, I find them disgracefully ungrateful. Fickle indeed.

And I'll happily admit that I'd pay £1000 to sit in a shed in the freezing cold with no toilets or catering to watch Villa win the European Cup, but I certainly don't think that trying to improve the services at Villa Park and restore a sense of tradition and pride to the club is detrimental to our performances on the pitch.

The less short-sighted amongst us won't be naïvely assuming that money spent on the wonderful mosaic, for example, is coming out of our transfer budget. Nor will we allow any credence to ridiculous stories - proven to be false (see the relevant thread) - about player 'bust ups'. We also realise that some players are sold for reasons more complicated than it may first appear.

In fact, people easily forget how lucky we are to have your attention, and need to show a little more respect, I feel.

I hope things are sorted out after today's performance, which was incredibly sub-standard. However, I'm sure you're aware of this, Gen, as MON is. I just hope you also realise that not all us Villa fans are so unappreciative of the great job you've done so far!

UTV.

What i was about to say, said nicely.

Some of the comments in this thread make me feel embarrassed.

hi General,im just wondering has there been some in house fighting with mon and the players,when i look at the players they look lost half the time.it been like this since feb for us in the prem,2 wins in 19 games is not good enough tbh,and i for one wouldnt bat an eye lid if mon got the sack.our best defenders where signed by our last manager,that says it all for me..

General,

As you know the premier league is a marathon, not a sprint. One bad performance on the opening day and fans are calling for the managers head. I think you and most people on here are fully behind MON and what he is trying to achieve. We love how randy has turned this club around and 'cleaned' it up for want of a better word. Villa are still moving in the right direction and mark my words, the fans who have brought shame on all villatalkers with their comments on here today will be the same ones patting MON and the team on the back when we hit top form.

The transfer window isn't closed, our squad isn't complete, so how can we judge? But I have no doubt MON will put some of the negitive nancys on here in their places with a couple of decent signings.

My final point is that our next league game is at Liverpool and we may not win so prepare to hear more of the same from some of the insufferable morons on here if things don't go to plan.

General, just wanted to echo what someone said earlier, about you giving a response as a fan first and foremost. And also giving a measured response after nearly 2 pages of tirades bordering on abuse. I can't fault the passion people have for the club, myself included, but you would have been well within your rights to write a very pissed off response.

Anyway, back into Europe next week, here's hoping for a vastly improved performance from everyone.....preferablly in a 4-5-1 :idea:

Good Evening General,

Rather than add to the match reactions on here, much of which I share the opinion of unfortunately. I thought I should point out another disturbing factor at odds with all the effort being put in around Villa Park...

The crowd was only 35,000. Now I was at Villa Park on the 1st day of the season for the last 2 seasons and from memory both previous seasons were practically a full house. Not today! Loads of seats around me! I put it down to a combination of 3 things:

1. Economic climate

2. Its 'only' Wigan/Barcelona as we made them look today...

3. Why bother?

Its not number 1. because in general you can find £30 if you really want to watch your team play...

Its not 2. because you will come to watch 'just' Wigan if you think you might spank them 5-0...

Its 3... The reality is that I believe most fans are staying away as they feel we have stagnated/gone backwards... I think this, because I almost didn't go today for the same reason... As a guy not too far from me in L7 said at the 35,000 announcement today, 'it'll be less next time'.

He's right, I for one can't see myself trekking 300 miles round trip at a cost of over £100.00 in the one in 3 or 4 Saturdays I get off for that dogs dinner... Poor, very poor

General

Are you able to confirm or deny any rumours on John Carew having a bust up with MON and therefore walking out on the game due to Heskey starting?

The game was a shambles, we were seriously dire, apathetic and lifeless...some of the players in the Villa shirt today weren't fit to wear the shirt at all but I'm confident we will pick ourselves up and win our next game against Liverp.......oh.

Thanks for the good work. Some of the comments on here are embarrassing. Gen does not deserve this, he doesn't have to come on here but he does out of his own good will so the cheek of some of you is astonishing.

Evening General,

I'd just like to say a few things to you seeing as you take the time to acknowledge the fans and thankyou for this

1. I think its very good you take your own time and come on here to listen to us and what we think, we all appreciate this, and we all appreciate the work randy and his team have put in to making this club better.

2. I think that all the 'abuse' you have got tonight, is not on, towards you, please dont take it personally, however I belive that everything said here is correct, however I beleive that yous hould not be responsible for listening to it. I believe that once in a while the players or our 'manager' should come on and acknowledge the fans and listen to them, please please pass these messages on to randy and martin, today was a disgrace I have done a 60 mile round trip with my dad who is disabled and struggles to get to games, I know your not to blame in the slightest but beleive that instead of being the one taking the brunt of it how about Mr.O'Neill listen and read what we think.

3. As im sure you know the fans are hurting and not from today, from february till today, im sorry to say it but what you have done so far is brilliant to take us to the next level we need a new manager, MON is too stubborn with tactics, we team selection transfer policies, and im sad to say what you are trying to build is slowly going to come undone if he does not start doing his job properly. 35000 i think showed this today

4. thanks for reading all our posts and I know you have a hard job and we appreciate it, please just make sure the manager and randy know how we feel, because if I performed like o'neill in my job, I would have been sacked months ago

thanks

Sam

UTV

I have to say, even before that performance MON has really disappointed me with the squad he has STARTED the premier league season..the commentator said something about the fans being 'quiet and frustrated' and said its most likely 'the fans not excited enough with the transfer signings' and it makes sense. MON i know is trying to build a squad.. but he really needs to invest in players who can excite the fans and the fans will be buzzing.

The fact that noone worth while has come in at all with the players we have lost.. just adds to the disappointment and with that type of performance we can only jump on the bandwagon of voicing our frustration at the manager. Its been 3 years and our squad is getting smaller.. and lacking quality IMO. I hope you can pass off the frustration we are feeling with MON.. i know you dont like to discuss transfers.. and im not expecting a response with this.. but i just want you to pass this onto Randy especially.. We need to spend... whether its Randy or MON thats not spending.. i dont know... if the funds ARE available and MON isnt bringing in that quality then he needs to go. Im sure he may bring in one or two more defenders but thats what scares me.. this squad needs more.. 3-4 players that actually START... a quality striker a creative CM and a few centre backs and a left back.

Please pass on our frustration.

General.

I too hope that these professionals can pull together and sort this performance out, unfortunately I don't think we have the quallity to do so. It looked as if we had carried on from where we had left off last season, the players looked very short on confidence and some looked lacking in ability. As I see it we have lost 2 of our most influential players, Barry and Laursen and we have not yet replaced them. We have spent money on Fabien Delph(19 yr old prospect from League 1) and Stuart Downing(injured until Dec). Good players but both of these guys will not be ready to play in the Premier League for another 3-4 months. It seemed that the reason for our poor performance in the last third of the 08/09 season was lack of strength in depth, an issue that I hoped that we would have sorted in the close season. The issue has not been addressed. I think I have have a simple solution on improving on league positions in football and that is to improve the number and quality of the play in our playing squad. If a team fails to do so then they can expect to stagnate or go backwards, at the moment this is what I'm expecting of this team in its current state. I have been a season ticket holder for about 10 years now and as the advert for the Vienna match popped up on the screens as we were leaving, my first thoughts were a. There is no way I'm going to watch that! and b. I can't see us going far in that competition with the playing staff we have. Thoughts that I'm sure you will be disappointed to hear, I'm sure that I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to air our thoughts and misgivings General, we are, as fans, eternally grateful for this.

Up the Villa.