General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General Krulak here:

1. leviramsey hit the nail on the head!!!! And he's right...the Club is damned if they do, and damned if they don't. The simple fact is that we had about 35K at the game. I would have wished for more but my wishes don't fill seats. I keep hearing about the seats costing 40 pounds for the game...someone better read the ticket site...the range of prices was VERY competitive UNLESS you wanted to sit in the middle of the field.

2. The game itself was a great win for us. It was our 3rd win in a row in a week..with 2 of them being away games. Stoke had not played a game in 8 days. They came in to Villa Park to win. We may not have played our prettiest game but we took care of business and I am VERY proud of the lads.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

2. The game itself was a great win for us. It was our 3rd win in a row in a week..with 2 of them being away games. Stoke had not played a game in 8 days. They came in to Villa Park to win. We may not have played our prettiest game but we took care of business and I am VERY proud of the lads.

Here here General

General Krulak here:

Here here General

Ahem, Hear Hear.....

General Krulak here:

Here here General

Ahem, Hear Hear.....

Hear Hear....

I am VERY proud of the lads.

Couldn't agree more, General. All the things which were frustrating me around the summer time and at times during last season are being put right. The movement is better, the passing is better, we have players who are increasingly confident and comfortable with the ball.

I admit to having wavered on a few occasions regarding MON, but life is about learning, and I'm learning that the man sees the same things we do but puts them right in his way and in his own time. When I think how the whole club and fanbase felt after the Stoke game last year and subsequent events, it has been a phenomenal effort from MON to lift everyone, get the balance of the side better than it ever was before, and get his players oozing confidence. Three years ago we would have lost today's game and a year ago we were struggling to beat teams who played that kind of football at Villa Park - great progress.

And ability aside, speaking as a relatively young man (27), this is easily the bravest and fittest Villa team I have seen. Pats on the back all round I think. :D

General Krulak here:

1. stephen_evans: Another thing I like about MON is the amount of time and effort he puts into preparation for the games. The study he devotes to films, scouting reports, etc. etc. He really does work very hard.

2. pompeyvillan: I have enough problems just reading my own threads and answering on 3 sites. Sometimes I take a look at other threads...maybe once a week. Just remember, I have posted over 1080 comments on this thread alone...multiply that by 3 and think about the fact that I have only been on the site 3 years...and that I have a few other jobs to do...and, Mrs "K" out to crush me for being on the computer....I am LUCKY to be able to handle this thread!!

Hey General;

What do you make of Mark Hughes being sacked? Do you think he should of been given time evaluating his position at the end of the season or do you think he just wasn't the man up for the job being too inexperienced for the job whilst no being able to handle egos?

I love these references to Mrs K, reminds me of Robin Coopers letters ( well worth a read ) and his poor wife. Entirely irrelevant comment that, but hey ho. Merry Christmas General, the Villa have done everything and more to make this a fantastic week for all Villans!

Hi General,

I managed to make the game today, in the stands for a change as it was in the right period of my treatment cycle and as I couldn't get in a box that it would be worth the risk. Just wanted to say how happy I was with everything, 3 great wins in a week and we're looking very healthy going into the second half of the season. I just hope that we've learnt lessons not just from last season but also from a season 11 years ago which has many parallels to this one.

In the 98/99 season we beat champions Arsenal 3-2 at Villa Park coming back from 2-0 down at half time(you can read a bit about it here) in December to put us top of the table and looking great for the second half of the season.

What happened then unfortunately is that we got complacent, didn't invest (I don't think a single player came in to strengthen the squad) and the squad didn't get the boost it needed and we didn't build on the solid foundations. We slumped massively in the second half of the season and from what I remember didn't even qualify for the UEFA Cup.

So as I say I'm delighted so far, but I hope that these lessons of previous seasons have been learnt, and that come January everything will be done to keep up the good work and build on the (very) solid foundations.

I'm sure I'm telling you stuff you already know, I just want us to avoid the mistakes we have made in the past.

I know it's a week away, but hope you have a great Christmas General and hope you get to see all the games somehow.

Sorry General, I think you missed the point of my post. It's ridiculous that, a) Stoke is a Cat A game and B) you can only check ticket prices and buy them online with a booking history.

This excludes loads of fans who have tickets bought for them or get their tickets on matchdays from a kiosk, and therefore have no booking history.

The fact that you can't even check ticket prices on the club website unless you have a booking history is crazy! It's things like this that deter the floating fans from going down the game.

Incidentally, I'll be leaving in 15mins to buy a ticket down there - but many wouldn't bother.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If there were Stoke fans in the Villa sections (which you would have if you opened tickets to those without a booking history), this thread would never hear the end of it.

General, I've quoted Levi for the sake of clarity (you stated your agreement with Levi in reference to his post). Forgive me if I'm wrong but were tickets not available to anyone from the ground a couple of hours before kick off? (I did go to the game but, in the end, was fortunate enough to borrow a player's season ticket - I have a pal who is a good friend of one of the players).

General,

Great result for the Browns yesterday, it's nice to see some eye-catching headlines after what has been a tough season. Any inside news on the Mike Holmgren situation and what it will mean for Mangini...?

General,

When will we see the upgrade plans for the stadium ?

Thanks for all the great work being done and merry christmas to all at the villa , cheers.

Not wishing to steal the General's thunder, but he has already stated they will be shown when ready. No timescales available yet.

Good evening General,

I was just wondering if you have any idea when we will be able to purchase half season tickets again? Also, will the price be reduced slightly when they do come back on sale? I tried to purchase one today, however I was unable to due to the fact that the Liverpool game is sold out.

It might also be a good idea for the club to update the official website, which still advertises the half season ticket as being on sale. It could clog the phones up for no reason and slow others down from buying individual match tickets otherwise.

Thanks for your time as always General and keep up the good work.

Hello Gen,

May I remind you fo this;

Just a quick gripe about the new look on the OS

In short, its bloody awful.

Its a complete assault on the eyeballs, i think it might be the red, i dunno but it seems very... ahem LOUD

I must say this is now much improved, far from perfect, but i no longer wince when i go there. Dont know if this was down to you or not, but thanks to whoever made this happen. Im confident that our site will be one of the best when everythings finnished.

Keep up all the good work you and the board are doing at the club

Merry Christmas & UTV

General!

Just want to say could you pass on a MASSIVE thank you to the person who sorted out the online ticketing system. Away tickets online? FANTASTIC! No problems whatsoever, bought tickets for myself and 3 others, all had ST's all assigned no problems.

Thank you again, you've saved me a very nasty trip in the cold to VP OR a wait on the phones.

I even got the confirmation e-mail for once without asking for it to be sent out again :D

Regards,

Tom