General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General Krulak here:

1. By now each of you should have seen the recent modification to the policy re. Sunderland, ST holders, Blackburn away. We have listened to the Fans and made a change. At the same time, Fans need to understand that we have taken our full allocation of tickets and the number of NON ST holders that went to Sunderland were a very small percentage of our ST base. We will be fine...we will be able to take care of those who want to go to the game and do so in a fair manner.

2. The loyalty point system will be described in full by Nicky Keye on the Official Site. Basically, fans can now see teh number of points allocated on the new eticketing system. Points are awared/allocated for season ticket purchases, home/away cup purchases and PL away ticket purchases. Some fans have multiple accounts and we are currently in a position to merge these accounts to ensure all points are recorded accurately. Much more info will be provided soon.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. By now each of you should have seen the recent modification to the policy re. Sunderland, ST holders, Blackburn away. We have listened to the Fans and made a change. At the same time, Fans need to understand that we have taken our full allocation of tickets and the number of NON ST holders that went to Sunderland were a very small percentage of our ST base. We will be fine...we will be able to take care of those who want to go to the game and do so in a fair manner.

2. The loyalty point system will be described in full by Nicky Keye on the Official Site. Basically, fans can now see teh number of points allocated on the new eticketing system. Points are awared/allocated for season ticket purchases, home/away cup purchases and PL away ticket purchases. Some fans have multiple accounts and we are currently in a position to merge these accounts to ensure all points are recorded accurately. Much more info will be provided soon.

Thanks General, I am delighted at how quickly these kinds of things are dealt with under Randy's ownership. It creates a lot of goodwill. :)

General Krulak here:

Thanks for the quick reply General

Personally I still think the words "or Portsmouth ticket holders" is missing from the December 22nd Ticket Window. Might not be an issue for this tie, but if we get to the final it might be a bigger issue if a similar format is used.

Thank you General for your comments.

The way that Villa have set the ticket windows out for the Blackburn away game is a disgrace. Why have fans that traveled to Sunderland with free transport, have the priority over the fans that traveled to portsmouth. When i asked this question today at the ticket office. I was told that Aston Villa Football club wanted more fans at Sunderland. Do you feel that this is fair treatment to the fans that traveled to portsmouth?

It now seems to me when Aston Villa want more fans at a game the bribe is a priority ticket for future games. I know a lad that went to his 1st away game at Sunderland, and now has a better chance then I of geting a ticketto the game, when i have a five game away booking history this year. Does that sound fair to you?

Thank you for your time.

Thank you General for your comments.

The way that Villa have set the ticket windows out for the Blackburn away game is a disgrace. Why have fans that traveled to Sunderland with free transport, have the priority over the fans that traveled to portsmouth. When i asked this question today at the ticket office. I was told that Aston Villa Football club wanted more fans at Sunderland. Do you feel that this is fair treatment to the fans that traveled to portsmouth?

It now seems to me when Aston Villa want more fans at a game the bribe is a priority ticket for future games. I know a lad that went to his 1st away game at Sunderland, and now has a better chance then I of geting a ticketto the game, when i have a five game away booking history this year. Does that sound fair to you?

Thank you for your time.

I agree with this. I don't argue against Season Ticket Holders getting some sort of priority. However for match ticket purchasers of Sunderland getting such special treatment but no mention of Portsmouth is disgraceful. I went Portsmouth and have also been to 8 aways already this season, yet someone who could have just brought a ticket for Sunderland to merely get a booking history gets lucky when it comes to Blackburn away.

General Krulak here:

1. We can't win for losing!!! Obviously we cannot please everyone...we do the best we can. My sense is that those who want a Blackburn ticket will get one....let's see what happens. Again, we do the best we can and will never satisfy everyone.

Without trying to speak on behalf of the General, I do feel sorry for him, and the club, with the reaction to the way the club dealt with the fans that went to Sunderland.

The club made an official statement for the Sunderland game. The statement said that anybody buying a ticket for that game would get priority for further away fixtures for the rest of the competition. This was obviously to get as many fans as possible to go to Sunderland for a midweek game in an early round of the cup. Given the travelling distance involved, and the fact that we have struggled in recent years in this competition, I think it was a good idea to get as many fans there as possible to cheer the lads on. The club got a lot of negative feedback afterwards, which I guess contributed to the club not making the same gesture for the Pompey game! That, together with the fact that the Pompey game was the quarter final and against the team that is bottom of the league, which gave us a very good chance of progressing and taking a lot more support.

The club have an obligation to the fans that went to Sunderland and I am guessing that this might be the last time that they make such a statement after the reaction it has received, although it was done with the best interests of both the fans and the players. I think that everyone has to remember that the club will get a lot of stick from those that went to Sunderland if they fail to get their hands on a ticket for the Semi!

General, will you be attending either leg of the sem final?

Without trying to speak on behalf of the General, I do feel sorry for him, and the club, with the reaction to the way the club dealt with the fans that went to Sunderland.

The club made an official statement for the Sunderland game. The statement said that anybody buying a ticket for that game would get priority for further away fixtures for the rest of the competition. This was obviously to get as many fans as possible to go to Sunderland for a midweek game in an early round of the cup. Given the travelling distance involved, and the fact that we have struggled in recent years in this competition, I think it was a good idea to get as many fans there as possible to cheer the lads on. The club got a lot of negative feedback afterwards, which I guess contributed to the club not making the same gesture for the Pompey game! That, together with the fact that the Pompey game was the quarter final and against the team that is bottom of the league, which gave us a very good chance of progressing and taking a lot more support.

The club have an obligation to the fans that went to Sunderland and I am guessing that this might be the last time that they make such a statement after the reaction it has received, although it was done with the best interests of both the fans and the players. I think that everyone has to remember that the club will get a lot of stick from those that went to Sunderland if they fail to get their hands on a ticket for the Semi!

General, will you be attending either leg of the sem final?

I'd echo this. Just seems at times the club can't do right for doing wrong in some people's eyes. A minority of people don't realise how good we have it in terms of the way that the club is run.

General Krulak here:

1. RA19: I hope to get a Cup ticket because I went "away" for the Browns-Ravens game 3 years ago!! I just can't win...and neither can Randy. As I said, we do the best we can. Sometimes we hit the target, other times we miss. What should be apparent is that we TRY!!!

2. Stephen_Evans: You wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy!!

hi general, just have one query i have checked the loyalty points on official website i have been to loads of games over the years,(HOME AND AWAY)but on the system i have only got a handful of points 7 games from memory. i hve been going vp since 2001+. so far this season i have been sunderland away(bout b4 club put on coaches),west ham away,pompey away, and going man utd on saturday.just want some clarity on points that i have previously had no showing.

DONT WANNA MISS OUT ON WEMBLEY DUE TO ADMIN ISSUE

Hi General,

First time of posting a question to you......first off like many of us I appreciate all the time and effort you have put in to keeping us informed and helping point us in the right direction when needed......I would just like to clarify on any wembley appearance either now or in future that ST holders will always get first choice on tickets, is that correct?

General Krulak here:

1. ih8bcfc1875 (I won't even ask what that stands for): I spoke with Nicky Keye and she indicated that if there is a possible mixup in your loyalty points to call her at the Villa Ticketing Office and let her take a crack at sorting it.

2. withesshin: Welcome to the thread. First choice of a ticket goes to Randy Lerner. Second choice goes to ST holders.