General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

We really should be pulling in more than 33,000 on saturday, I appreciate it's coming up to crimbo and I don't think it was the smartest move on the clubs part to make it category A but we should be looking at 37,000 minimum - come on guys, just forego one night out over xmas and come on down to VP instead on Saturday!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

great win yesterday, but today i am feeling very annoyed and disappointed re: the ticket situation for Blackburn away in the semi-final.

i was hoping to buy a ticket today given that i have a 4 game booking history (including arsenal on the 27th, which is non-refundable). Some people have been allowed to use this game as part of their booking history but i have not been able to. As someone else said in another thread, it seems to depend on who you speak to at the ticket office.

i managed to purchase tickets for wigan away at least, but was really hoping to get blckburn away tickets sorted today as well.

General,

Now that VP has been confirmed as a venue for the 2018 World Cup bid are you (the board) finally ready to release details of the plans for VP? Does our inclusion influence any prospective plans or help with the required funding?

P.S I currently have a constant silly grin on my face, can you help?!

Hello General

Thanks for all your superb work, it has created a great feeling amongst the fans. I'm chuffed to bits that Martin has finally found a good balance in the centre of the park and has us playing some attractive football - it'll definitely help with filling Villa Park.

The stoke game is approaching and I understand ticket sales aren't brilliant, which is understandable considering the time of year, high unemployment in the area and the fact it's Stoke. With this is mind, I think ticket prices are a little high but I also can't understand why only people with booking history can buy online right up until the game. This surely stops many floating supporters who have never been to VP, or perhaps only ever been when others have bought tickets for them, from making impulse purchases. You can't even view specific ticket prices unless you have booking history! This must have an impact on attendances for games like these.

I know there are ongoing improvements being made to the website so you may wish to advise your web team to take inspiration from the Newcastle website (nufc.co.uk), which looks excellent and shows prices and availability for individual seats - which I think is great. I sat near the front of Holte against Wigan and could barely see a thing; the £32 I paid was way over the odds for such a poor view (although the game wasn't really worth watching anyway!).

General Krulak here:

1. World Cup: Obviously, it is a long way off and not even a sure thing. As most of you know, World Cup or not, we have plans for the North stand. We are not, at this time, ready to unveil those plans. We still have work to do on exactly what we want included. When we have finalized the plans, we will let everyone know. We need to do that to not make the "trinity" mistake again.

2. slowandlow: You will get a ticket....we still have over 3,600 yet to sell. If there is a problem with your history, you should contact Nicky Keye and she will help.

3. spacemanscott: Stoke is at 32,600 right now...including the Stoke fans. We need to get on this. Stoke is not a pushover....they play a very tough, rugged, game and we will find them a challenge. They have had a full week to rest up and we are playing 3 games in a week. Fans DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. They fire the lads up and we will need it this weekend. Spend one night of the holidays out of the pub and come to the game!!

2. I have not yet met Richard yet but he is my type of guy...touch as nails and take no prisoners.

General,

I recently attended a 'careers in sport' course where the aim of the course was to gain an introduction into the commercial side of sport and better understand how sports organisations are structured and designed to make money for its shareholders. It included a section called '10 key income generators' which ofcourse included sponsorship. We got talking about shirt deals and I mentioned how Villa had sacrificed that potential opportunity when the acorns gesture was made. The course deliverer responded that Villa had only done this because we could not find a sponsor in the first place. He said that if we had been able to acquire a lucrative shirt sponsor we would not have entered into the acorns agreement. Ofcourse, knowing our club and the way Randy and his team go about things I do not believe that for one minute and entered into a heated debate that his assumption was incorrect. He was adamant that this was the case, and I left saying that I would write to you and pass on your comments on his suggestion. If you could respond to me on this subject I'd really appreciate it, and I can put this man right and further spread the good work of AVFC.

Thanks for your time sir,

Chads

General, a big well done to our boys and yourself and MON at the moment. Very happy with the way things are going, we are all managers when we are in the pubs and at our computers and we all know better than MON, we also know THIS IS NOT TRUE. The guy should not be doubted again, promises are being met and the guy is taking us to where we never thought we would be. Lets have it at Stoke. Up the Villa !!!

General Krulak here:

1. chads: The truth is as follows...We were going to have a shirt sponsor. We had several sponsors who were willing to commit to a contract. The problem was that they "undervalued" the Villa Brand. They were accustomed to getting a deal that was what "they" wanted. Randy and the Board felt differently...we believed that the Aston Villa Football Shirt was worth a great deal more than was being offered. We also had begun to become deeply involved with acorns...a charity that meant a great deal to Randy and the Club. The more we looked at potential sponsors, the more we realized that our Brand would be worth more to acorns and the children than to any of the potential sponsors we were seeing. Rather than "sell" our Brand cheaply, we decided that we would provide the shirt to a group that needed it and would value it...maybe not in currency, but in charity to young people. Your professor was wrong. We could have had a contract worth millions...but we turned it down. Furthermore, we have worn acorns for two years straight and your professor must understand that the second year (we finished high in the tables) could have produced a lucrative sponsor but we announced we were doing acorns again before any contract was put on the table. I wonder how your professor would explain year 2?????

On that note, General, are we going to see acorns on the shirts again next year?

I understand your argument on value and would I expect you have already considered the other factor in that equation: the fans. I've personally never been prouder to wear a Villa shirt than now since it has acorns blazoned across the front and I assume the majority of fans feel the same way. I would love to see it continue.

Its the week of my birthday, ive turned 33 and i dont think ive ever had a birthday week like this in the god knows how many years ive been following Villa.

Ive lived in LOndon now for 6 years, now all i get is positive feed back from other fans when they ask who i support, 5 or 6 years ago i used to get alot of stick.

I just lobve the club love Randy and love all the players and i love you too Genaral im so happy at the moment.

ps im sorry, many drinks have been drunk at this time, i hope this makes sense.

General Krulak here:

1. chads: The truth is as follows...We were going to have a shirt sponsor. We had several sponsors who were willing to commit to a contract. The problem was that they "undervalued" the Villa Brand. They were accustomed to getting a deal that was what "they" wanted. Randy and the Board felt differently...we believed that the Aston Villa Football Shirt was worth a great deal more than was being offered. We also had begun to become deeply involved with acorns...a charity that meant a great deal to Randy and the Club. The more we looked at potential sponsors, the more we realized that our Brand would be worth more to acorns and the children than to any of the potential sponsors we were seeing. Rather than "sell" our Brand cheaply, we decided that we would provide the shirt to a group that needed it and would value it...maybe not in currency, but in charity to young people. Your professor was wrong. We could have had a contract worth millions...but we turned it down. Furthermore, we have worn acorns for two years straight and your professor must understand that the second year (we finished high in the tables) could have produced a lucrative sponsor but we announced we were doing acorns again before any contract was put on the table. I wonder how your professor would explain year 2?????

Great answer, General, but if the guy in question is a professor then I'm Stonewall Jackson.

General Krulak here:

Great answer, General, but if the guy in question is a professor then I'm Stonewall Jackson.

Reminds me of the old adage. "Those that can't do, Teach"

When we have finalized the plans, we will let everyone know. We need to do that to not make the "trinity" mistake again.

This is great to hear, especially the bit in bold. I for one can't wait to see the plans for the redevelopment.

Hi General,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply to my PM last night.

You told me to call John Greenfield at the Villa Store, but the online Villa shop number I can find is the Villa Direct mail order store (0871) which i believe is based in Manchester?

Do you have a direct number for the villa store?

Thanks and keep up the good work :thumb:

General Krulak here:

General,

A little story you might want to pass on to Randy.

I teach middle school PE in South Carolina, and of course have my big Villa flag hanging up in the gym, of course as well, i wear as often as possible my Villa jerseys (I even give one out each week to the Man of the Match for my little soccer team i coach).

Well Every time i wear it i always get the question "What is Acorns Coach?" I Then procede to tell them all about Villas involvement with the chairty and how much good work they do, The kids response is always the same "Thats cool Coach!" Me myself, I always beam with pride when telling anybody the 'Acorns' story!

So personally, imo, imho, and all that I think it's a fantastic gesture that goes far beyond the realms of just being 'classy'.

Cheers

Dom

Hi General,

I went to the Villa store today clutching my 20% off discount voucher (http://www.avfc.co.uk/staticFiles/ed/44/0,,10265~148717,00.pdf ) today, with the intention of using it on The Aston Villa Chronicles, the £40 book.

However upon payment I was told that the voucher wouldn't be able to be used with that item.

Can you clear up why this might be, the voucher itself says "Cannot be used against Sale items or in conjunction with any other Aston Villa discount." But neither of these stipulations applied to the item I purchased.

Cheers.