General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a couple of pages back General re: online ticketing for the away game at Blackburn.

Got the tickets this morning, was really not expecting them to be posted out so quickly.

Please pass on my thanks to the ticket office staff and those who run the online ticketing system, it worked an absolute treat! I love everything about Aston Villa FC :D

Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

General Krulak here:

1. Randy: Randy is in the UK as I write. He has been over several times...but has been VERY low-key. Anyone who follows the Browns knows that Randy has been concentrating very hard at getting a new President for the Club...and just hired Mike Holmgren (a legend in American Football management.) Randy has had to devote a chunk of his time to getting things sorted in Cleveland but he is at his home near Bodymoor Heath and talking with MON and getting deeply involved in all things Villa. Additionally, we have conference calls LITERALLY every day so he is never out of the loop. His passion for the Villa NEVER wavers...he is steady when things are going good and when they aren't going so good. The beauty of Randy as an owner is that he is with the "Villa Family" no matter what.

2. Paddy: Randy will support MON as he always does. Randy respects Martin and his football sense.

3. paulanddonya: You might want to drop a line to Paul Faulkner at AVFC and tell him what transpired. We need to know about these things.

Sir,

Can I draw your attention to a thread below here titles "Fit and proper- Randy Lerner"

Miraculously a journalist seems to understand and has written a very good article regarding Randy and The Villa.

To me, and I know many many others, the Fit and proper persons test by the FA should ask 1 question.

"Does this person match up to Randy Lerner"

Thanks to "The Villa Familly" for a great year and heres hoping for even better next.

Enjoy your break

General Krulak here:

1. Gabby87thminhero: Yes...and if there is a problem, the ticket office will sort it for you.

2. Randy is a blessing for all of us. I know his lack of interviews etc. cause some folks a problem but believe me, what we want is exactly what we have.

Hi General, I'm not sure how able (or willing) to answer this but are there any negotiations planned for giving Josh Cribbs an improved contract. I know it's not Randy's fault that the NFL pay structure favours players who were drafted early over players who actually play well but this bloke has been immense. It's gotten to the point where I'm feeling faintly disappointed if he doesn't return a kick off for a touch down :lol: (kind of like if Guzan let a penalty in ;) ). Now that you've sorted a general manager or president or whatever Holmgren is going to be (I don't really know who does what to be honest), is this priority number one? Has he even asked for a new deal?

I understand if you can't answer but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.

General: Any chance you can get another few thousand more tickets for the blackburn away match ? I missed out today by 2 tickets - I could have had 1 but wouldn't go on my own and leave my 2 mates (also ST holders) so some lucky person had mine.

Can't believe we sold out in 10 minutes - although I do feel sorry for the people who had queued at the ticket office as well as they were being turned away to - thankfully I was nice and warm at home on the phone.

Have a great christmas.

Russ

Hello General

firstly wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas. What is your food of choice going to be on the day? turkey? goose? anything else?

Do you know when any more information is going to be released about developments to the North Stand and the surrounding area? We obviously pulled out of the 2012 Olympic bid for the football tournaments due to a proposal for development, just wondering if any designs or information had been released?

I know Randy is an owner who likes to stay away from the limelight and I think that is a positive thing for an owner to do so, but it would be nice on occasion for him to share his thoughts on AVFC with the fans. Certainly not in a tabloid paper or on tv, but even if you asked him a few questions yourself about performances, his match of 2009/10 what he does on match days at VP and whether or not he enjoys his time over here in the UK. Have it put on an AVFC dvd or a written article on the AVFC site.

He is such a great owner and don't think we could get a better one anywhere.

General Krulak here:

1. Randy is over in B'ham to visit MON, the Players, the Villa Staff and, hopefully, to see a game or two. He will definitely be here over Christmas. Whether he is able to catch games will depend on how the Mike Holmgren deal is working out and if he is needed to do something back in Cleveland. This is a very "tight" time for the Browns and Randy needs to be sure that things are OK there. That does NOT mean that Randy is more interested in the Browns...I think all of our Fans recognize his responsibility towards that outfit. Likewise, most Fans understand that Randy has done the same thing for Villa...many times in the past. He will be where he is most needed. Again, not a single day goes by that we are not in communications with Folks at Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park. EVERY DAY!! It is not as if we aren't fully engaged. OBVIOUSLY, Randy will be at every single game he can possibly make....as he has always done.

2. The North Stand plans will be released when appropriate. There is no rush on this...we are still tweaking the plans. Randy will probably have a few words to say over the coming months but don't expect too much. Simply put, he believes that actions speak much louder than words.

3. granville: I am sorry but I really shouldn't answer that kind of question.