General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

A good solid win for the lads yesterday. I thought Dunne took his goal like a striker and all 3 involved in Jimmy Milner's goal did brilliantly to react so quickly to the situation with their keeper being off his line!

I just wanted to let you know that the stewarding seemed a lot better down in the Lower North yesterday. It was less mob-handed than it has been lately and I think it created for a calmer atmosphere between the fans and stewards. I just hope common sense prevails when we play some of the bigger games that are on the horizon, especially the cup semi final.

Will you be over to savour the atmosphere of the semi-final General? This is one game you surely won't want to miss!

which section are you in? Because to me it was much more mob handed than usual!

General Krulak here:

1. Regarding the stewards: We have been having some issues with our stewards...some good, some bad. John Handley, our Head of Security, has taken personal ownership of what is taking place and will be working to make sure that we are not heavy-handed but, at the same time, we ensure that no one gets out of bounds in their actions.

2. I agree about Milner...he just seems to thrive in the middle.

3. I spoke with Randy for a long time today and he is very happy with the way things are going...across the board at Villa Park. We both commented on the massive lift given to the team by the cheering from the Fans. It really does make a huge difference on the Pitch.

Hi General,

As another Lower North stand season ticket holder I echo what has been said about the stewarding and the requests for us to be seated. While I appriciate it isn't a standing area and the reasons why standing throughout a game isn't accepted it has in recent games been a little to eagerly enforced by the stewards.

It is especially frustrating when just to our left we can see the away fans standing on mass and unchallanged as they get behind their team. As you said yourself in the post above the fans can give the team a lift but at times we need to be allowed to do so a little more.

Hi General

Firstly i'd like to say the improvements made to the OS make the sit look a lot better! but would there be any chance of being able to select specific seats when buying tickets? for example i prefer a seat on an aisle(due to being quite tall) and when in the North Stand lower i prefer being towards the back of the block for a better view, obviously the box office staff have this capability and i've used it myself when working at the NEC a few years back, any chance of this happening?

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, I am feeling much better...and only need the doctors to authorize flying and I will be on my way. I absolutely want to make the Cup matches. As for the recent strategy re. Afghanistan, I would have recommended something a bit different. All you need to do is read a bit of history and understand the problem.

2. Standing: As I am sure everyone is aware, the rules on standing are NOT made by AVFC. Simply put, we run the risk of very stiff fines if it appeared that we turned a blind eye to those who are standing. I have spoken with John Handley (Hd of Security) about the stewards and he is trying to bring some common sense into how we enforce this regulation. At the same time, we must make an effort or run the risk of paying a good deal of money.

Hi General

Firstly i'd like to say the improvements made to the OS make the sit look a lot better! but would there be any chance of being able to select specific seats when buying tickets? for example i prefer a seat on an aisle(due to being quite tall) and when in the North Stand lower i prefer being towards the back of the block for a better view, obviously the box office staff have this capability and i've used it myself when working at the NEC a few years back, any chance of this happening?

That's a great idea, I would like to see that added to the site...

Hi General

First of all, thanks to you and Randy Lerner for what you've done for the club

My question is why have match ticket holders of the Sunderland Carling Cup game been given some priority for the Semi Final away leg, but not the Portsmouth ticket holders. If I knew this was the case then I would have bought a Sunderland ticket even though I couldn't have gone to the game.

I try to go to as many games as possible, but haven't got a season ticket due to having to work some Saturdays and can't make midweek games. I know that touch wood I will still get a ticket, but I will have to wait until Tuesday 29th December to get it. By then i will have already had to book the day off work with the risk that I might not get a ticket

Thanks in advance

Edit - the guy above me has posted pretty much the same message. :winkold:

Hi General,

Question regarding Blackburn away tickets. Just wondering why "match ticket purchasers" for Sunderland get such a good priority but there's no mention at all of "match ticket purchasers" for the Portsmouth game?

It just doesn't make sense to me when there was no free travel for Portsmouth like Sunderland so surely that shows more loyalty as fans had to either pay for a coach or pay for whatever travel they used. Whats the importance of the Sunderland game but not Portsmouth?

I know nothing will be done at all to change it but I'd just like to know cause I don't understand the logic behind it.

Cheers.

How can someone who may have been to one game at Sunderland and also had free travel to get there, have preference over season ticket holders like myself.

It is a shocking decision by the club, and I cannot be the only season ticket holder who feels the same.

The club should be looking after the supporters who turn up every week, not the ones who go to one away game.

How can someone who may have been to one game at Sunderland and also had free travel to get there, have preference over season ticket holders like myself.

It is a shocking decision by the club, and I cannot be the only season ticket holder who feels the same.

The club should be looking after the supporters who turn up every week, not the ones who go to one away game.

I agree, shocking decision, really not sure what the point in having a season ticket is anymore if someone who goes to a game, partially due to free transport gets priority.

Hi General,

I've just noticed that I can travel to Blackburn, buy a ticket, and have enough change left over for a match programme for the price it'll cost just to get a ticket to the home leg. It's not often Villa fans can complain about prices, but for a game against a team we're playing three times in 2 weeks, that's on terrestrial television, right next to Christmas on a Tuesday night, it seems horribly misjudged.

You do realise that non season ticket holders who went to Sunderland (on free travel) and will want to go to Blackburn (where they pay for their travel) will probably amount to less than 100 or 0.02% of the current 5000 ticket allocation?

about the stewards - one thing i did notice at half time in the lower holte was they did a sweep appoaching everyone with a can of coke, were very polite, didn t confiscate them just said "hurry it up and be aware next time, we should have searched you for them but we dont as it causes bother"

which IMO was fair enough, but they didnt half get some stick from the fans they were talking to, it obviously still comes to a surprise to some fans (as does the bottle tops being taken off)

Edit - the guy above me has posted pretty much the same message. :winkold:

Hi General,

Question regarding Blackburn away tickets. Just wondering why "match ticket purchasers" for Sunderland get such a good priority but there's no mention at all of "match ticket purchasers" for the Portsmouth game?

It just doesn't make sense to me when there was no free travel for Portsmouth like Sunderland so surely that shows more loyalty as fans had to either pay for a coach or pay for whatever travel they used. Whats the importance of the Sunderland game but not Portsmouth?

I know nothing will be done at all to change it but I'd just like to know cause I don't understand the logic behind it.

Cheers.

I echo both these posts I know lots of Villa fans who went to Portsmouth and payed their own way and payed for tickets and did not hitch a free ride like those to Sunderland did. Why do they get priority over us???

General, I went to Sunderland and brought my ticket before the free travel but i do have to support those who couldn't make that game as some have a far better away history than me and its worrying that this may come into effect for final tickets if we get there. I know a few who went who havent even been to an away game before and and even stepped foot in Villa park this season

Hi General

Without labouring the point, I would wish to add my name to the list of those who feel that supporters lucky enough to be able to go to Sunderland have already received their reward by being guaranteed a Portsmouth ticket and by having their travel to Sunderland paid for them. Any further reward by being higher in the pecking order for tickets seems rather unjustified, especially as those of us who went to Portsmouth paid for our own travel.

One thing that has bothered me for ages (and I won't shoot the messenger but would ask that the matter is looked into, please) is the problem of multiple client references. The website is now emphasising the importance of only booking under one reference. However, the fact that I have more than one is simply not my fault.

I was a season ticket holder at university between 2000 and 2003. Family circumstances dictated that I could not have a season ticket until December 2007. When getting my half-season ticket that year, unbeknown to me a new client reference was issued. Between 2003 and 2007 I booked countless individual matches and was always asked my name and address. However, these individual purchases seem not to have been put on my first reference and have been "lost", and for all I know appear under a third reference. Most of my points are under the latest reference from 2007, but it seems rather unfair that the ticket office haven't found a way of merging these multiple references so that supporters are not penalised. I got what I was given so to speak, and would not have chosen to have more than one reference. As things stand, my points from 2000 to 2003 will not be taken into account and my purchases between 2003 and 2007 have disappeared altogether, despite the ticket office always asking my name and address.

With regard to prioritising the Blackburn away game, surely the points system should have been brought into play at this point if it is to mean anything?

Kind regards

Stephen

Hey General;

Do you know roughly know the exact allocation the Blackburn fans will be getting at Villa Park for the semi-final of the League Cup and will they be getting the whole of the North Stand or just either the Lower North Stand and part of the Doug Ellis?