General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General Krulak here:

1. Like all of you, I am over the moon about the game yesterday and reaching the semis. I thought the lads played well but I was particularly happy for Downing. 90 full minutes and a score...he must be very happy.

2. Many will be worried about tickets...we will seek the full allocation and we will be fair about distribution. WHEN we get to Wembley, the same will hold true.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Many will be worried about tickets...we will seek the full allocation and we will be fair about distribution. WHEN we get to Wembley, the same will hold true.

General,

When you say the distribution will be fair, will the tickets go on sale for Blackburn away in the same format as they did for Portsmouth? I.e, will people who went to Portsmouth have priority over those who didn't regardless of whether one holds a season ticket or not?

UTV.

Not being able to get to mid-week games due to distance I would hope that my Season Ticket has some value in trying to get a final ticket (should we get there) although of course I appreciate people who have attended home and away the whole tournament. Will be interesting to see what happens...

Hi General,

bit more of a fun, hypothetical question here.

I'm playing the new Football Manager 2010 game. In my game, Randy has resigned from the club and the person who has taken over from him is....YOU!

So my question is this? Why won't you give me any transfer funds?!?!

I'm kidding.

Seriously, my question is, were something to happen to Randy (God forbid), would his position be one that interested you? If the club offered you the position of chairman of the football club would you take it?

Obviously there's lots of factors like the ability to provide the necessary investment, but just wondered on your thoughts, totally hypothetically.

General Krulak here:

1. I want to assure all of our Fans that Randy, MON, the Coaches, the Players, the Board and everyone at Villa Park want this Cup bad!!! Obviously there is a lot of room between "wanting" and "earning" but we really do want it. We have to get thru the semis first and that will NOT be an easy task. You all know that better than I do. We just need to focus on winning and getting to Wembley.

2. We are in the process of working the ticket issue now. All I can say is that we will ask for maximum allocation and be as fair as possible with what we get.

3. stevo985: I won't touch that one with a 10 foot pole. Randy is the man....and he is in great health.

Hi General first time I've been on this part of the forum. Just a quick question is there any plans to have any scarves or flags given out on the home leg of the semi final against Blackburn? I think it would be a good idea because it would boost the atmosphere a lot. Just have a think please.

General,

Credit where credit is due. David Harper-Smith was in touch this morning to assist in my ticket problem. He handled the transaction seamlessly and with great customer serivce.

I now have tickets for Stoke and Liverpool and can relax knowing the best part of my xmas break is sorted!

Cheers

Dom

General

Firstly, I want to thank everyone at the club from Mr. Lerner to the kit men for doing such an outstanding job, not just in getting to the League Cup semi-final, but over the last three years. In every department we have steadily improved and while there is still some progress to be made, every so often its good to stop and admire the view during the “climb” even if we are not at the top yet.

Anyway that is all by the by, I was writing to ask about how the loyalty points scheme on the AVFC ticketing website works. How much do you get a game and will these points come in use for the LC Semi Final/Final (if we get there)! If there are not for this, what are these points for? I know most tickets availability is just ranked on season tickets and away game attendance.

Thanks again

Up The Villa

OK General (and Randy) June 12th 2010...... South Africa........ England v USA..........Who will you be supporting.......remember Gabby, Ash, Emile, Jimmy and Stevie W may be reading your answer :)

:crylaugh:

Little Brad might be in goal though!

General Krulak here:

1. A real solid result today!!! We needed to win it, we should have won it, we did win it. That is the way to do things. A clean sheet was nice to see...and great for our defense. I thought Milner was brilliant! NOW...one game at a time.

2. US v England: Obviously I cannot speak for Randy. I may seem like a turncoat but I confess that I will be pulling for the UK because so many of our lads have the opportunity to play for their Country. I know that Brad will be playing for the US...hopefully in front of Howard...and he knows I will be cheering loudly for him. Heaven help the England team if a bunch of Yanks from the Colonies win...ouch.

3. Gabby0878: I am ashamed to admit that I have absolutely ZERO idea of how the loyalty points work but Nicky Keye will read your post and get me an answer.

4. Dom_Wren: I am glad that things worked out...David is a very good lad.

5. Gabby87theminhero: First off, welcome to the thread. Secondly, I am not sure what we have planned for the game but you can expect we will do something to get folks even more fired up.

General,

The special deals on tickets worked a treat again today so well done to all those at the club responsible for this. Almost 40k with Hull only bringing about 1500 is a really good attendance especially with the expense of Christmas around the corner.

I've said it before but as a season ticket holder I have no problem with these special deals as it is always good to see the ground full.

Hi General, do you have any information on why the stewards were been "jobsworths" in the north lower today? They asked us to sit down on several occasions, which is the first time since the beginning of last season we have been asked!

Many Thanks

Genral great times at Villa at the moment and well done to EVERYONE.

I would like to know what has happened to the betting at Villa, it really is a waste of time and though it is convenient i really think its easier to bet outside the ground now. It wasn't broken so wondered why it changed for the worse in my opinion?

Hi General,

A good solid win for the lads yesterday. I thought Dunne took his goal like a striker and all 3 involved in Jimmy Milner's goal did brilliantly to react so quickly to the situation with their keeper being off his line!

I just wanted to let you know that the stewarding seemed a lot better down in the Lower North yesterday. It was less mob-handed than it has been lately and I think it created for a calmer atmosphere between the fans and stewards. I just hope common sense prevails when we play some of the bigger games that are on the horizon, especially the cup semi final.

Will you be over to savour the atmosphere of the semi-final General? This is one game you surely won't want to miss!