Match Thread: Crystal Palace v Villa

Just now, Ponky said:

Not sure why Olsen is yelling at the defence. Seems pretty pointless today.

We have a defence out there?!?

• Haha 2

Just now, est1874 said:

People giving it the "no big deal, we don't care, UCL yayyy" treatment today, but there is no way in hell Unai is happy watching this.

Well he’s the manager. He should feel that way. 

Just now, Ponky said:

Not sure why Olsen is yelling at the defence. Seems pretty pointless today.

Probably because his PL career is at risk here.

He's been shafted by the defence in front of him on more than one occasion this season, and yet it's his reputation that mainly takes the beating. I'd be angry too, tbh.

• Like 1

I know many of us didn’t really care and it was just supposed to be a run out… with the hope that Ollie gets his goal…

But… this score line and performance is hard to stomach.

Imagine Unai will be a bit pissed off too.

Too many players have not done themselves justice or shown that they deserve to be involved next season…

Really poor… no control, no structure… which is the least Unai wants.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

People giving it the "no big deal, we don't care, UCL yayyy" treatment today, but there is no way in hell Unai is happy watching this.

Unai is rarely ever happy. 

2 minutes ago, smg said:

These players have played fifty plus games, qualified for the Champions league and have been pissed since Tuesday, give them a break people 

F**** off mate. Where's the pride. 

Everton and Forest have nothing to play for and still battling till the end

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Regardless off today our defending has been rubbish this year even with personal there only Mings been missing. The goals we concede poor. Don't improve that we will loose ground.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Can we transfer some forum members out! Absolutely humiliating display today. We need a lot of work in here this summer

Maybe we can have a vote or a poll set-up for this?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We finished the season off with a wonderful comeback against Liverpool and we've got eleven first teamers out injured in a game that is frankly a bit of a nuisance - something the players have to get done before they go out in London tonight - against a team that are the third best in the league at the moment on form, play well when they're confident, at their ground - the result of this matters about as much to me as Doug's next haircut - this team has been brilliant all season and they've come away with the biggest league achievement for us in forty years - I hope they enjoy the summer and I don't care if it started yesterday - well played all year boys, you've earned the day off.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

It's like we went into the game expecting Palace to have the same mentality as us.

Turns out they are taking the last game very seriously and professional

They’ve also been having so much fun these last two months and are absolutely flying. Very happy to be playing in front of their fans.

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

The commentator says it is breathtaking, but it isn't if one side doesn't care and there is no reason why they should. End. Of. Story.

Is a nothing game, we're playing half a team. Callum Chambers is starting FFS.

Calm down you cockney prick.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They should care when it goes to 4 and 5.

Nah. Objective achieved. On the beach. Before today I was their harshest critic despite the injuries. Now, irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I’d hope no one is happy being smashed 5-0

• Like 1