Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City 14/05/24

Just now, Genie said:

Nah, not having it. They’re celebrating losing a chance to play in the CL because a team across the city is less likely to win the league. A small time club like sha doing it is one thing, a supposedly “big” club like Spurs should be above such things.

If we're above local rivalries what's the point of football :D 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't agree.

CL qualification means a lot more to us, having not been in it since it became the CL, than it does to Spurs

If we'd qualified for it loads, and even got to the final, I can imagine I might accept missing it for a season rather than help the blues win a title.

It's a **** horrendous position to be in, and thankfully smallheath are so shit they'd be lucky to win a roll of tinfoil, but if they were a top team, would you want to win the title for them? I **** wouldn't.

I would not be so sure big Wags has got ‘plans’

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

If we're above local rivalries what's the point of football :D 

If Spurs had nothing on the line maybe, but rather than face up to the fact they’ve blown their own shot they’re celebrating. It’s embarrassing imo.

Football won't take head injuries seriously until players die and legislation is brought in to force their hand.

Whoever assessed him and said "yeah crack on lad" needs striking off as unfit to practice. 

• Like 3