Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City 14/05/24

This has the potential to be as nerve wracking as last night.

Far too big of a game for Aston Villa to be consigned to the standard Midweek football thread.  This could be the game that after our hard work last night fully confirms Villa as a Champions League club for 2024/25.

I do not have the nerve to watch a draw play out, so one time only (well twice if you count that Watford game from a few years back)....Come on Citeh! 🤮

Jack Grealish becomes an instant meme for hilarious lip-licking reaction as  Man City pal goes to pour booze in his mouth | The US Sun

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I’m taking my daughter swimming 8-9 so will miss most of it, which I think is probably a good thing.

Edited by Genie
typo

A draw would make the title race really exciting for Sunday whilst Villa get to have a carefree stroll around away at 1970 Brazil (aka Crystal Palace).

I just don't have the stomach for a draw though, last night nearly killed me.

• Like 2

12th minute:  Spurs 1 - 0 Man City
37th minute:  Spurs 2 - 0 Man City
63rd minute:  Spurs 3 - 0 Man City
68th minute:  Spurs 3 - 1 Man City
82nd minute:  Spurs 3 - 2 Man City
94th minute:  Spurs 3 - 3 Man City (Grealish scores and lifts his Man City top to reveal a Villa top)

Game over.  Villa qualify for CL.  Arsenal and Man City level on points and on a goal difference race to the title on the last day of the season.

Carlsberg, or something.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

12th minute:  Spurs 1 - 0 Man City
37th minute:  Spurs 2 - 0 Man City
63rd minute:  Spurs 3 - 0 Man City
68th minute:  Spurs 3 - 1 Man City
82nd minute:  Spurs 3 - 2 Man City
94th minute:  Spurs 3 - 3 Man City (Grealish scores and lifts his Man City top to reveal a Villa top)

Game over.  Villa qualify for CL.  Arsenal and Man City level on points and on a goal difference race to the title on the last day of the season.

Carlsberg, or something.

5 nil to City after 25 minutes is better.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

All our players will be together tonight at the players awards dinner so will be celebrating if City win. 

They’ll be celebrating as long as Man City don’t lose - a draw is enough for us tonight! 

Just now, theboyangel said:

They’ll be celebrating as long as Man City don’t lose - a draw is enough for us tonight! 

of course.... I'll be drinking a few beers for my nerves too. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m talking my daughter swimming 8-9 so will miss most of it, which I think is probably a good thing.

14 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Like a lecture at a school or something?

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nope, sorry, I don’t get it 😐

taking (adj.)

the action or process of taking something.

talking (adj.)

engaging in speech.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

taking (adj.)

the action or process of taking something.

talking (adj.)

engaging in speech.

Ahhhhh, ok, typo on the word taking 👍

i hope spurs play well enough to not sack ange, convince levy they don't need additional investment (which wont take much...) but ultimately lose

after last nights great game of football, even taking the C&B specs off it was an exciting game, I'd like it not to be a drab shite 1-0