Match Thread: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

If only we’d tried this hard against Brighton 

• Like 1

Surprised (not surprised) that Emi is being bashed for the first goal.  The cross takes a massive deflection that takes the ball in completely the opposite direction to the one in which he is moving.  A lot of keepers don't even get close to laying a glove on it.  Unlucky?  Yes.  A clanger?  Not for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A prime example of why shots on target is a shit stat

Yes, goals too.

xG is what it's about.

11 minutes ago, YLN said:

He was played through on the break, took it down nicely inside the box and had time to play it to an unmarked Villa player, attempted to flick it but mishit it and it got caught under his legs and was easily cleared. He had time to just pass it to a player standing at the penalty spot with a free shot on goal.

That's how i remember it anyways

Fack sake. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Draw the lines where want. Pick the frames when we want. We draw the lines where we want.

It should have just been given as a goal straight away. If they have to **** around for so long to decide then just play it on. 

• Like 2

Lots left and there will be at least 2 possibly 3 goals in the second half. Ollie to score the winner. Need to be a lot more switched on in defence, can’t let them pass through us like they’ve done at times.

Our fan base are absolutely bonkers. People trying to argue that goal was not a Martinez mistake… we should be called agenda fc 

Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 136 Premier League matches when leading at half-time (W124, D12) dating back to 4 December 2016 against AFC Bournemouth.

Just what you don’t want to read on BBC Sport. ☹️

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I get your point, and I agree to a point, but if you have to score 7 over two legs to win, I'd be looking a bit further back for the problems, myself.

It all starts from the midfield though. And youri in there means we don’t need to see Mcginn and Luiz together 

Just now, maqroll said:

Carlos sprinting into their box to block out our 19 goal striker and then miss the open goal in the process is worse than anything Diaby has done tonight, and quite possibly the worst thing I've ever seen a Villa player do in 30 years, especially under these circumstances.

He's brainless, all he had in his mind is him being able to take his top off and flex his muscles. Clown.

24 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I was there! Not tonight. Then.

Ditto - stood middle of the Holte and the guy is was stood next to said you’ll remember that moment for the rest of your life as the worst miss ever - he wasn’t wrong either ! 

• Thanks 1