Match Thread: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

3 minutes ago, grobs said:

We don’t deserve champions league we are absolutely shite. I’d rather bud sand in my eyes than watch this lot against Real Madrid and the likes

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Don’t worry Villa. Only the chance to finish 4th, but, no no, you play like crap, that’s fine. 

Ooo you're going to be angry if City beat Spurs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bobzy said:

It's only there to stop goalhanging, really.  If the defence is too shit to get behind an attacking player then that's on them IMO.

Not really, it's the opposite, the defence steps out to play him offside, it's a part of the game, we've played gakpo offside, we've left him alone because he's offside 

PGMOL decide he's not offside, like the Real Madrid goal last week, it's a joke

The thing about the offside is they used the frame before the guy hit the ball. The next frame was after he'd connected with it. There wasn't an accurate frame to use. I get that in those scenarios you go with the on field call which was onside anyway, but shows the flaws in the system.

4 minutes ago, YLN said:

But was he not offside before that? 

I'm so confused. In the build up. The second assist. He was offside then no? 

he was in an offside position, yes.  but it doesn't matter.  it only matters if he is an an offside position when the ball is LAST played by a teammate.

Posted (edited)

Luiz still on the beach it seems. / tired from having to play every game and out of position for so much of the season

Edited by MrBlack

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Not interfering with play… even though he puts it in the net 3 seconds later

Yeah so I'm not going crazy. Since when can someone who is offside come back onside and then score? I thought if he was offside in the phase of play, he had to come back, potter around for a bit and then could get involved in play in the next phase. I just don't think i know the rules of football. 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Not really, it's the opposite, the defence steps out to play him offside, it's a part of the game, we've played gakpo offside, we've left him alone because he's offside 

PGMOL decide he's not offside, like the Real Madrid goal last week, it's a joke

Did we?  I'm not remembering the whole phase of play, but that entire right-hand side of defence has dropped to where Gomez is and where there's an overlap, with the left-hand side just brain farting somewhere.

Personally, I don't want to see that given offside.  I appreciate different strokes for different folks etc.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Ooo you're going to be angry if City beat Spurs.

This is patronising. Ofcourse some are gonna be angry, it's on the palm of there hands.

Just now, srsmithusa said:

he was in an offside position, yes.  but it doesn't matter.  it only matters if he is an an offside position when the ball is LAST played by a teammate.

Has this changed or have I always been wrong?

Just now, The_Steve said:

Can't keep up with the selective reading of the rules. Killing the game. Let alone where they decide to freeze the frames.

This is what happens when you try to apply empiricism to a subjective medium. Maybe once offside was a simple binary thing, but now there are phases of play, involvement etc etc.

1 minute ago, YLN said:

Yeah so I'm not going crazy. Since when can someone who is offside come back onside and then score? I thought if he was offside in the phase of play, he had to come back, potter around for a bit and then could get involved in play in the next phase. I just don't think i know the rules of football. 

Don’t worry, no one does