Pre Match Thread - Cup Final 9 of 10

Klopp will probably be on his best behaviour Monday as a yellow card rules him out of his Anfield farewell match

Would be brilliant to get a draw and a Klopp yellow card 😂

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Klopp will probably be on his best behaviour Monday as a yellow card rules him out of his Anfield farewell match

Would be brilliant to get a draw and a Klopp yellow card 😂

Klopp could head butt Emery, he ain't gettting a card. All about the money, the Prem need him for the last game of the season.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2024 at 12:24, Delphinho123 said:

We beat them in 1979 too. 

And 81 plus we battered them on Dean Saunders debut 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Smashed them in 77

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PaulC said:

All wonderful gamesI particularly remember Dean Saunders debut and my mate saying before Christmas1980, in response to my question, when standing on the Holte, “Do you think we can win it? (the league)”, “we’ve got Liverpool in the new year, if we beat them, then yes we can.” We did and the rest is history! Another leap forward for us is just around the corner and the financial benefits of qualifying for the CL allows us the financial freedom required to make some more history. Beating the red Scouse is always good,  to spoil Kloppitie’s last visit to Villa Park would make it even better. If he gets booked a bonus! And they and him do love a good winge, so we’re all happy! 😂😂😂😂. SJM can give him a good dig on the way back down the tunnel if he lays a finger on The Sultan,so he can do his post match interview with a broken jaw. I can hear the tears from here! 😀😀😀😀👍👍👍

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Play Iroegbunam please, he surely deserves his chance?

I’d say he’s played himself out of contention 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

It's gonna be really tough on Monday. What with barely a starting 11 fit & Liverpool with zero pressure etc. I can't help but think though how awesome it would be to find a way to win and qualify for the Champions League in the process, all at home under the floodlights & at the last home game of the season too! What an atmosphere that would be and a fitting end to a fabulous season. We simply have to make it a wall of noise to try & carry our knackered team over the line. We can't all sit there thinking an inevitable defeat is incoming else that will transfer to the players.

We need to play our part. UTV

And Villa Park set to Maximum wind up mode to give a special send off to Kloppity topped off with a card, it’s always nice to get a card for special occasions a massive win to really put the icing on the cake for us after an incredible season. UTV!!!!!

• Haha 1

With their speed and our fatigue level ... I give us close to zero percent chance of winning. We allow goals for fun, so a 0-5 is not out of question at all.