Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I actually can't pick out a single player who I think had a good game, MOTM is a struggle.

Gotta be Tim hasn’t it?

Best team won.  Damage was done 1st leg with fannying around.  Just about got away with it against Lille, weren't going to get away with it for the semi

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Gotta be Tim hasn’t it?

I went for Bailey for playing through the pain barrier. My MOTM, and I'd probably rate him at 6/10.

Edited by Davkaus

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Awful over 2 legs but the penalty miss killed it off in truth. 

Doubt it. Olympiacos would have gotten the result tonight.

• Like 1

Understandable that we're struggling with our squad decimated by injury whilst not being used to playing this many fixtures.

That being said, we desperately need to improve at RB and our ability to move the ball forward quickly.

Bailey mom easily. Nobody else was close. Not a lot Unai could do in the circumstances.

• Like 1

Slow turgid play in the first half when we needed to play with pace. 

Second half poor passing no runners 

Don't think their keeper had anything not directly at him, that's very poor from us.

All well and good fannying around wasting 5 minutes passing it wide back inside wide back and repeat 5 times and doing nothing with it, which happened multiple times if we were winning.

We weren't and needed to test their keeper.

Literally passed ourselves out of the cup at 2 miles an hour 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

At 3-0 down would have like to see changes made, kids or not. Kellyman at 82 minutes 2-0 down was a joke to be honest. Can’t be angry at Emery or any of the players though, ran out of steam and not helped at all by injuries 

Lot of the ball but toothless in final third, and poor defending in key moments. Clearly a large chunk of team like Digne, Luiz, Bailey are out on feet and with all the injuries, we had nothing left to turn it round from 3 down.

Will be a glum end to season if we lose 5 on bounce. most likely relying on Man City to help us out and seal 4th now

An improvement on Brighton. Showed some good passages of play. But too woefully naive in the final third and defensively. Couldn’t handle the smash or grab. It’s a tough lesson to take. 

Like I said in the match thread, very disappointed to have lost 6-2 over 2 legs, especially when 4 of those goals came at home. We do not have the squad to go all the way with the injuries that we've had.

I just hope that we can get 1 more win from our last 2 games so we can at least go out with a bit of a bang this season instead of nervously hoping that Spurs don't pull something out of the bag against City. 

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Pathetic effort.  I'd have rather played out u21s and gotten battered than seeing that complete and utter capitulation.

Young lads showed more passion than any of the 1st teamers.

Shocking.

Big changes needed for next season if we want to progress past the 1st stage of Europe nest season

giphy.gif

I don't think we've had one real good performance in this tournament, but we will have gained a lot of experience moving forward.

Great for the kids to get on the pitch, I wish they'd have got 20 minutes longer.

Olympiakos had bundles of luck in both ties, some real dubious refereeing, in both matches, but they easily deserved to go through. We couldn't handle El Kaabi. 

Running on fumes, not many players on form at moment. But ultimately, INJURIES have killed us. 

Piss poor. I don’t know really know what to say about this team. I know it will all be good effort, they’ve played so many games, let’s feel sorry for them for having to play a match every 4 days boo hoo, but that was an embarrassing display over 2 legs. Where has the Aston Villa team gone from earlier in the season that Unai Emery had got playing so well? I want it back.

i have no confidence in this team to get 4th and it will only be if spurs fail to beat Man City because we won’t get anything in our final 2 games if we play like that. Relying on other teams failures rather than ourselves, but it’s Villa so what do you expect.

I know that everyone will be in denial and try to justify them playing like that, but if it’s tiredness and you expected that woeful performance then I don’t know why you watched the game. I expected us to at least show some fight but we couldn’t even do that.

• Like 1

Poor from us over both games if we're being honest. We haven't looked ourselves since Arsenal.

That being said, we got far into the competition and had a decent run.

Please, please, please get some good rest and get fired up for Liverpool now. We really need to give it our everything in the remaining PL games now.

Clearly running on empty with so many options of how to mix it up and to rotate not available.  A semi final and 4th in prem in Emery's 1st full season we would have all taken that after Buendia and Mings got ACLs before and during the tonking against newcastle

Â