• Diaby
    • Watkins
    • Cash (Rogers 26)
    • Durán (Diaby 73)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not only that but we rested Torres in a European semi final just so we could lose against a poor Brighton team.

He had some strapping on his thigh, I reckon he's been patched up as well.

Brighton deserved to win, but the question is why they even bothered to show up given they have NOTHING to play for. A performance purely out of random spite, it seems.

An absolutely appalling referee performance (which would have been the same even had we won). Also, why VAR needed to take several minutes to work out both disallowed goals is baffling considering they were both a good 20-25cm off and already had the six-yard box as a guide.

Finally, and I said it months back, but this knocking it around like we're 5-0 up when we are, in fact, only one goal behind in stoppage time, has to stop. I genuinely don't understand the lack of urgency.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

What?

Straight down the tunnel like every single other match. There's work to do.

Emery's quit. You heard it here first. Subscribe to my page for my hyperbolic reactions after a bad game.

• Haha 1

why bring Cash on went Rogers went off?

surely the obvious was Tim and move Dougie and John

poor move from Don Emi 

• Like 1

Stumbling along now. Injuries taking their toll on the squad and performances after a long, hard fought season. Losing Roger’s so early a big blow, looked unbalanced and out of sorts thereafter.

Olsen MOTM, nearly the hero. Cash also played well.

Luiz and McGinn not enough in the middle, not much going on around them either. Hopefully Tielemans is back along with Emi this week.

Not sure Carlos offers too much to this squad, if he leaves as the big senior player to be sold he won’t be missed by me.

• Like 1

Just now, imavillan said:

poor move from Don Emi 

Because Emery doesn't rate Tim one bit and won't play him unless completely forced? Isn't it kinda obvious by now 

• Like 1

The whole team is exhausted...  Never looked like scoring and we were dead our feet for the last 20 minutes of the match.  Brighton beat us like we've beaten other teams all season...  Stay compact, let the opposition press themselves to exhaustion and nick a goal late on when they've run out of gas.  I've heard all season about fans from other clubs moaning about how much injuries have killed their season and blah blah blah, but we've had some of the worst injury luck in 2024 I can ever remember.  Hopefully Rogers is alright because we looked lost up front after he went off.  We're relying on Spurs to bottle it now.

Also, Olsen was outstanding today.  Never put in a foot wrong, saved a penalty, and was unluck on the rebound  from the save.  Was by far his best performance in a Villa shirt. 

• Like 3

Just now, markavfc40 said:

I love him to bits but Emery is getting it completely wrong for me. We are running on fumes and getting over run of late yet instead of putting another midfielder in he is going with both Bailey and Diaby and it just isn't working. Diaby in particular is a passenger.

He clearly doesn't fancy Iroegbunam but needs must. 

This. Diaby is too lightweight and would have been better to play Tim. 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

What?

Straight down the tunnel like every single other match. There's work to do.

I doubt he would have been straight down the tunnel had we got 3 points. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Emery is an excellent manager....

... but even I could smell Konsa stinking up the place via the TV. Had to sub him off earlier - he made Adringa look like a good footballer.

? Andingra *is* a good footballer (obviously so). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

poor move from Don Emi 

Cash played well, Tim offered little since he had chances in this team, the decision was obvious?

As poor as we were, we could have won that with a clear penalty not given! 

We essentially lost because Adingra is better at diving than Rodgers. 

Adingra was lucky to not get a second yellow before the pen after pulling Ezri's shirt. Gross should have been off also for a second booking. And yet, Cash gets a yellow for a minor infrigement. Just no consistency in the last 20 or so.

• Like 1

Just now, Alakagom said:

Because Emery doesn't rate Tim one bit and won't play him unless completely forced? Isn't it kinda obvious by now 

i get he doesnt rate him....but today was the time he was forced

the balance was all wrong when Rogers went off 

Â