Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

No. He is a Championship player at best. I am not even sure he is even that level.

This is the Premier League. 

He is only still here because of our awful injury record. He'll be gone next month.

We just need to try and find the energy to push on for one more half.

How much have you seen of him? McGinn is playing so poorly in CM, we can't be any worse. Zero control.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You don't think he would help us get a result? Our midfield is poor.

Don’t think he’s looked any good when he has played more recently.  He must have talent but I haven’t seen he’s up to this level recently so I wouldn’t be putting him in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've got too many players in front of the ball waiting for it to come from too few players behind the ball - the balance is slightly wrong - Bailey, Diaby and Watkins can't contribute when we can't get them the ball - one of them may need to be sacrificed.

Totally agree however Emery has tended to take them BOTH off in recent weeks leaving us imbalanced the other way, which I don't understand. 

Just now, nick76 said:

Don’t think he’s looked any good when he has played more recently.  He must have talent but I haven’t seen he’s up to this level recently so I wouldn’t be putting him in.

Looked decent the other night IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I can’t wait for this season to end man 

An incredible season regardless. We are exhausted and hanging in still though.

• Like 2

Performance of a team with f all to play for. We should be saying that about Brighton not the one playing for 4th. Need a rocket up their arses as some of those performances were embarrassing. The set up looks all wrong though and we are short in midfield. Emery clearly doesn't fancy Tim but he needs to change it. 

Fair play to Olsen only one who looks up for it.

Just now, Tom13 said:

How much have you seen of him? McGinn is playing so poorly in CM, we can't be any worse. Zero control.

I think the fact we havent seen more of him, despite all our injuries and multiple games in succession, tells you all you need to know.

• Like 2

Some very poor play again today. Rogers off and cash on has messed us up.

Bailey has not had a look in being put out on the left and diaby is invisible where ever he is meant to be playing. Add in watkins bizarre decision making that half.

Olsen hasn't made any mistakes and we seem to be bypassing him more when playing it at the back but our over all passing had been pretty bad.

Can only improve after that showing.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

No. He is a Championship player at best. I am not even sure he is even that level.

He isn't quite at the level to step up to where we need him to be, imo, but this is an absolutely ludicrous opinion considering how well he did down there.

• Like 2

Just now, ferguson1 said:

I’ve said it numerous times over the last week or so but we need at least three in the middle. Get Iroegbunum on for Diaby and we’ll get a grip of the game. 

We've never played with three in the middle under Unai, not sure why we would change our shape now. I agree with the subs though, moving McGinn into one of the wide positions

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've seen several replays of the penalty claim now and I think it's one you wouldn't be at all surprised to see given - surprised it was passed over so quickly.

I mean.. he clearly stuck his leg in and it tripped Rogers. Don’t think he needed to flop much, if he did, to sell that. Should’ve gone to the monitor at the least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

This is the Premier League. 

He is only still here because of our awful injury record. He'll be gone next month.

We just need to try and find the energy to push on for one more half.

Agree the quality isnt there 

But the shape would be better 

It's a hard balance, made harder when you see bailey and diaby struggling to get in to the game because we have no midfield 

Tim wouldn't be worse than diaby out there 

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

I think the fact we havent seen more of him, despite all our injuries and multiple games in succession, tells you all you need to know.

I don't think it does, would rather judge of what I've seen of him myself.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Looked decent the other night IMO.

It's pointless mate. A certain section have decided he's shit and no amount of evidence will shift that position. You're about to get a few posters telling you he was at fault for some of the goals midweek. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1