Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Just now, DCJonah said:

Very worried we are going to fail to get top 4 from this position. 

We look completely done as a team. 

Yeah we need an injection of belief and fight to carry us over the line. It's tough now, but they have to dig deep.

Great save

We've been pathetic. Both full backs have been a disgrace. Just standing there as players run in behind, and Digne has done nothing but pass to them.

Forwards non existant, and on the rare occasion we do get the ball, their touch or pass is awful.

Get Tim on, we absolutely have to have more control in midfield. Been poor in there ever since Youri went off VS Chelsea.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

We have no players left. Surely you can see that. The ones playing week in week out are dead.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, Rogers injured now as well.

It's only going to get harder from here.

Terrible first half. Sometimes I think the way we slow the game down and allow the opposition to get back into shape hinders us so one games, this being one of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, ozvilla28 said:

Warning signs for us we need to wakeup players look rattled.

Well if your obvious betters who are the real team in Birmingham were about to dominate their new league and build a 60,000 seat, $3 billion palace you'd be rattled too.....

Mate.

It’s frustrating because if ever there was a chance to beat Brighton at their place (I know we have a good record there), it’s today.

They’re depleted and even their manager has come and said they can’t be bothered. And yet here we are.

Can we nick one? A shot on goal might be nice. 

Just now, JB said:

We’re clearly exhausted both mentally and physically but I’m pretty sure that a large part of that first half performance was energy preservation. 

I think so too 

I've said it before but we're lucky Spurs are just as toast as we are. I'd be shitting bricks about 4th if it were say, Liverpool or Newcastle on our ass.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, villanmac said:

Exhaustion has nothing to do with not being able to play a 5 yard pass without trying to put your team mate in hospital 

No the two are related. Decision making is affected by exhaustion.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

Just now, villanmac said:

Moussaaa jogging down the wing Moussaaa can't control a thing 

Expect a goal 2nd half.

Emery to get emm on the peds for the second half, anything,  just turn up the intensity and win us the game!!

• Like 1

Not much left on the bench to change things up.  At least we've gone in 0-0 and not used much energy, hopefully we can grow stronger in the second half.  Maybe stick Moreno on the left wing to add some running to the bye-line.