Match Thread: Villa v Olympiakos

Doesn't help when. The ref is paid off. But we ended strong. Think that first half was a hangover from the Chelsea game. Hopefully they've got it out their system now and can go and keep the momentum going. Diaby should have gone for goal at the end than they and lay it off. Frustrating player.

Not been great but it's a bit over yet.

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Is it not the clearest example of how VAR should step in because it was clear and it was obvious??

100% like I said I think it's 2 motions, the first one tries to play the ball and is OK, the 2nd one takes the man out, knows exactly what he's doing 

• Like 1

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

That was one of the clearest penalties I have ever seen - what a joke!

Not even a Var check on it either but they are happy to give their first goal when it was very marginal.

• Like 2

Fans incredible,wish I was there.

The backs against the wall mentality got the players finding some energy.

Need to.keep it up immediately after half time. Concede in our usual 45-60 mins and it's all over for us. Get a second ourselves and we'll pound them

Wow. Some game.

Refereeing diabolical. Still haven't worked out what the foul was that denied our opener. And that was a cast-iron penalty.

Even so, a lot of loose play in possession from us, and both fullbacks to blame for not simply looking across the line and playing El Kaabi on

I don't think our goal should have been disallowed. Was soft af imo. 

I also think we should have had a pen. Was pretty blatant. 

Thank **** there was no pen. Dougie would have missed it.  This is a Gerrard performing midfield. Luiz and McGinn just cannot play together. Honestly get Chambers on put Diaby on the left , and mcginn on the right with Bailey up front.. totally free Mcginn up

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Fs Diaby just shoot. 

Why did he try and lay it off just side foot it into the far corner FFS!

Just wanna focus on the goal, screw everything before it.  Outstanding from Cash, brilliant composure and decision from Diaby and Watkins being the world class forward he is.  

My blood is up!!

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Luiz is class, and is a different player with Kamara next to him.

But if we needed to make up some cash for FFP and sell a big player, it's no contest isn't it?

I would choose him purely because there is really no shortage of good midfielders, but in our other important positions excellent players are harder to come by or more expensive. so yes.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think they didn’t give it because Ortega kicked it away.

Since when did that matter though? I thought it didn't matter if you 'got the ball'... You can't just slide through a player taking them out, and hopefully just touch the ball on your way through.. And it be all OK? 

If that was the case, our defense could just take out any players at will, as long as they touch the ball at some point

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Cash the only player playing with some passhun

In fairness to him, he always does. It's rarely effective though. Quite often a liability, occasionally very helpful. On a night like tonight I think it will help.

• Like 1