limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Spot - on. Losing Tielimans so early was a big blow. We certainly lost some momentum from that and then to come out for the 2nd half without Emi, you just knew it was going to be a struggle. I'm still trying to work out why Tim didn't close down and prevent that 2nd goal. 

Caught in two minds between Gallagher and Palmer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Go on…

Tell me that you had full faith and confidence that we could go on to win the game as soon as you knew Emi was off and Olsen was on…

The collective sound of every bum hole of every Villa fan around the country tightened at the news…

And that’s not because we didn’t want him to do well…

but because we knew he wasn’t as reliable as Emi…

facts are facts…

You're talking about something completely different here mate. You stated that Emi saves that perfect shot from Callagher, which he shot uncontested since our defenders (well, Tim) didn't close down at all. No-one saves that shot. Period.

Just now, brummybloke said:

😆😆 so when we play terrible, we have to not say anything because we then don't support villa ? 

How old are you ? 7 ?

Judging by your inability to understand my post, I would say that even at 7, I'm older than you....

Go lie down before I steal your stuffed toy and eat your snacks...

Just now, The_Steve said:

Who was injured. What else could we do?

Nothing… but that doesn’t mean that he isn’t good enough to deputise…

I don’t dislike the bloke, I don’t want him to fail (especially not whilst representing our club)… but we shit the bed when Emi went off and Robin is not good enough…

you don’t think Chelsea got the bit in their teeth when they knew our World Cup winning goalkeeper was off with an injury?

im sure Olsen is a top bloke and I don’t hate him… but if you’re a footballer and you want to score a goal, and you’ve got a choice of playing against Emi or Olsen - you’re going to choose Olsen

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Agreed. I was referring to Kamara. We need another Kamara-type to get us through to October.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Doug's from has dipped without Kamara.

Yep I realised you were talking about him after I replied. He's a fine midfielder but not really as dominant as we need. 

To evolve we need a player who can't be bullied. Someone to hold the ball if we need.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Judging by your inability to understand my post, I would say that even at 7, I'm older than you....

Go lie down before I steal your stuffed toy and eat your snacks...

I fully understand your 'I'm a better fan than you' snide post.

And way to sound like a paedo

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I’m glad people have a place to dump their feelings. But it’s hard for me to understand how it could not be perfectly obvious why we ended up with a draw after being ahead by two, considering the injuries. We had two massively important injuries. Martinez is our de facto captain. the question should be, how did we not lose 2 to 5?

Does anyone remember how we did when we lost Mings against Newcastle last year?  No surprise this happened.  I think the claims of “weak mentality” and “disgrace” are pretty irrational. Yes, we have bewilderingly lost some recent games where we were ahead earlier this season, but they were very different in so many ways, and actually, considering everything, I feel pretty good about this game. It’s a miracle that we got a point.  I also think we have to give a little bit of credit to Chelsea — and to ourselves!— because they are desperate to claw their way into the conference league, clearly. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think if we beat Brighton or Liverpool it will be wrapped up before palace yes. And I think there’s a good chance we win one of those games. 

I’ve expressed this opinion many, many times. 

As usual you are settling on the absolute worst case scenario. Just like you did when you assured us all that finishing 6th was a certainty. 

How did that go?

I think you must don't bother reading the wider forum. You're just a sheep poster. Background noise, nothing worthwhile to say. Just kind of like .....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

4 wins 3 draws 2 losses

I'm not saying Doug has been as bad as some around here have been saying, but he hasn't been at the level he was earlier this season, either.

I missed the game as I was flying but just caught the highlights. Disappointing to see another Luiz mistake lead to a goal. I get the feeling he’s on the beach. 

On the Chelsea “goal” it’s so poor from the ref. It’s the clearest fouls you’re likely to see but he was too weak to give it. Needed VAR to bail him out! 

• Like 1

I almost enjoyed the passiveness of the first half, it was pretty controlled and felt we were almost using it as a training excersise for potential pressure in the semi final games. That changed second half, we could have done with more intensity from second half kick off just to get in that zone again. Whether that was Chelsea or our own fault we never got that back.

I’m usually really annoyed when we throw away a 2 goal lead but at no point did I ever think we looked comfortable tonight. I actually thought Chelsea were good tonight and it could prove to be a great point come the end of the season. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have to be realistic here, we can’t play top drawer and win every game. We had a smasher last week. Tonight we were up against a wildly talented, inconsistent team with no pressure, a style that matches badly for us and a big point to prove after three days of criticism and embarrassment.

Take the point and be grateful. Head down, keep working, keep pushing 

• Like 3

Just now, brummybloke said:

I fully understand your 'I'm a better fan than you' snide post.

And way to sound like a paedo

Just to clarify for your sake and then I'm done, I never said anyone was or wasn't a fan.... I articulated that maybe try to "enjoy" it rather than to constantly bemoan every trivial point that crosses the mind...

• Like 1

Pissed off we again throw away a 2 goal lead at home against teams we should be finishing off. Lucky in the end but hope these dropped points don’t come back to hurt us. Gave them too much of the ball although we were comfortable with that first half. Second half we were terrible. Angry at the moment but if you would have asked me if I’d take 7 points from Arsenal away and Bournemouth Chelsea I’d have taken it . Pressure on spurs now .

• Like 2

Â