Match Thread: UECLQF: Lille v Villa

limpid

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, HKP90 said:

2. We've witnessed the ref having a mental breakdown. That was the worst display of refereeing I've seen in 34 years of watching football.

Honestly think we see just as bad or worse on a weekly basis in the PL. Not saying he's having a good game mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

Can we please keep in mind that Lille had the weekend off and are playing at home? Thank you.

Sorry, some people are getting mad about Dougie using TikTok 

The Lille press has been excellent. Blocking passes to the 4 players in our box midfield, and also limiting Pau’s ability to release Digne down the left. They did exactly the same in the first leg and it worked well.

Unai will have to figure something out, or maybe he’s just waiting to introduce Bailey and hoping for a similar impact to Sunday.

Rogers has only been on 20 mins, and he has been the best of our midfield.

Could go either way this.

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

They're 4th in the French league, behind Brest. We shouldnt be making them look this good and terrifying.

Best French team record at home though, even better than PSG.

No real intensity to our play, they have space whereas we’re closed down quickly every time it reaches one of ours. They get away with quite a lot to be honest in the contact, always grabbing shirts etc. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Martinez not return for the second half. Need a big effort this half to get back on top.

i don't think the ref is a cheat.  i just think he's not very good.   too big a chip on his shoulder.  has no feel for the game.  Doesn't understand tactics of play.

5 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Sure Lille are a good team playing at home, but we have been wank this first half.

They’re a decent side but I think we’re giving them far too much respect.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I don't know what it is about Cash but he somehow slows down our play more than Konsa at RB. Ruins the whole flow.

Impossible.

2 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Cash has been shyte. 

McGinn is turning in a League 2 performance. 

And to top it off, we've got a massive bell end of a ref again. 

Expecting and need a massive response 2nd half. 

League two performance thank you Roy Keane

Have to hope Emi was trying to deaden the game first half and come out with more intent in the 2nd like against Arsenal.   I assume he'll want to avoid extra time at all costs.  They've had a full week of rest and extra time would favor them immensely, plus it will cause a problem for the weekend regardless of the result here.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Leon loves a goal or assist from the bench. Get him on. 

Yeah but he’s had his left knee massively wrapped up on the sidelines…hopefully only need him if we are desperate 

Some pretty dire performances in that half.

The midfield can't get the ball due to konsa having 50% of all our possession and either just standing there with it or passing it back to martinez, no matter where the rest of our team are. Martinez then has to hook it clear which inevitably is towards diaby who will never win it and we give away possession.

Mcginn needs to drop further back to give us some sort of hold in midfield and to bollock konsa to release a forward pass to a midfielder. 

I've not seen us that passive for a long time, it was not easy on the eyes.

The ref has been pretty crap so far too.