Pre-match thread - Cup Final 7 of 10

ender4

17 hours ago, villa89 said:

A draw would be okay, Spurs unlikely to get all three points this weekend either. 

Another poster summed it up perfectly. Assume spurs are getting 6 points from burnley and sheff utd. 

Any points we pick up in the next 4, spurs have to beat that tally from games against, liverpool, chelsea, city and arsenal

• Thanks 1

Everything points to a positive performance and win for the Villa:

• Chelsea coming here off the back of a hammering by Arsenal
  • We're coming off the back of two very good victories as well as a positive outcome in Europe
  • Chelsea got a worse injury crisis than us (12-13 players out)
  • We have Dougie coming back into the team
  • We're at home under the lights with a raucous crowd behind us
  • We have a huge incentive to win to try to consolidate that 4th spot and pile the pressure on Tottenham who I'm fairly sure will drop points in at least one of their two games this week

But this being Villa, there is always that niggling feeling that we will mess up. Hopefully not as a win tonight would be massive. Every game is a cup final now.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Very disappointed chilwell is not playing. Guy is absolutely rancid

Was very good in the last game against Villa though.

Posted (edited)

Very dangerous game for Villa this. I'd expect both Carlos and Konsa to be playing at CB with Cash at FB to deal with Chelsea's pace going forward?

If Torres plays I think Chelsea will target his lack of pace!

It really depends on which Chelsea turn up so I'd gladly take a point and move on.

Edited by striker

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Very dangerous game for Villa this. I'd expect both Carlos and Konsa to be playing at CB with Cash at FB to deal with Chelsea's pace going forward?

If Torres plays I think Chelsea will target his lack of pace!

It really depends on which Chelsea turn up so I'd gladly take a point and move on.

Why would Torres not play and if he does only one of Carlos or Konsa will play if Cash plays. We tried the back 5 thing against Spurs and it went horribly wrong.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Their speed up front can kill us. They also believe they can win since they beat us bad in the cup at VP. 

We're also on a good run, so all is possible. I wouldn't be surprised with 4-0 or 0-4.