Pre-match thread - Cup Final 7 of 10

ender4

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Hearing Glen Hoddle and Joe Cole now talk about “the top 3” … so does the “top” just get smaller the higher up the table we get!? **** words removed.

Invaders to the Top 6 that don't bring a story with them (Newcastle and their criminal owners) aren't welcome.

We will be a story when and if we don't make 4th, as that will let the media roll out the "Year 2 Unai" narrative.

Media folks are like the rest of us: just trying to get through their workday and earn their pay with the least amount of effort put forth possible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Not sure the return of Luiz is beneficial for Villa in this game? Villa have looked better without him as he slows the game too much.

This is something cooking in my mind nowadays. It's like, it can't be true, but...

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Awful to listen to. Hoddle also saying how we’re purely a counter attacking side… has he actually watch any Villa games? 

He doesn't bother watching matches, he just gets Eileen Drewery to read some tea leaves and tell him what happened. 

The daft pillock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Due to his lack of pace generally exposed against a pacy attack.

I wouldn't play him in this game. Pair Konsa with Carlos. Much more pace!

Great plan, I was hoping to find a way to completely isolate a midfield that can get overrun from its defense when we build out from the back. You've sorted it!

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

He doesn't bother watching matches, he just gets Eileen Drewery to read some tea leaves and tell him what happened. 

The daft pillock. 

Don’t know how he’s allowed on TV even tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

We win today we’re 6 points behind Plop and they are imploding. We have to play them at home under the lights - I can see us snatching 3rd.

That would be outrageous.  🤩

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Due to his lack of pace generally exposed against a pacy attack.

I wouldn't play him in this game. Pair Konsa with Carlos. Much more pace!

He has many more positive attributes that counteract this alleged lack of pace.

10 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Glenn Hoddle and Joe Cole talking absolute bollocks about taking Toney to the Euros over Ollie......

and not only that having a complete wankfest over Palmer and the amount of goals he's scored

we need to smash Chelsea just to shut these pair up.......please Villa just do it

UTV

In fairness to NBC in the states, they are saying that Ollie Watkins us without doubt the best player of the season. (Robbie Earl & Robbie Mustoe)

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

In fairness to NBC in the states, they are saying that Ollie Watkins us without doubt the best player of the season. (Robbie Earl & Robbie Mustoe)

I didn't get the feeling they were saying best player of the season as opposed to head and shoulders best player in this game. I didn't feel like they took that extra step to make it about the League.

But while they were saying it I was making Big Ange shit jokes so I mean, I was distracted.

• Haha 1

Just now, one_ian_taylor said:

I've chosen not to watch this on telly to help the team given my 100% losing record this season. Come on Villa!

What's our record when you post 3 times in a row?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've chosen not to watch this on telly to help the team given my 100% losing record this season. Come on Villa!

I guess you aren't watching this one on TV then? 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Those two are decent pundits. Joe Cole and Glenn Hoddle certainly aren't.

Hoddle claiming we're a counter attacking team, words simply fail me. He clearly last watched us in 2009.

• Like 1