Wainy316

15 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Knocking all of the old shit down in the 60s and 70s to replace it with shit concrete that needed replacing 30 years later probably. In the name of removing the "slums" a lot of what would now be really nice (look at the jewelry quarter) got replaced with brutalist awfulness.

Anyway, strong side that. I like Konsa and Pau as a pair a lot. Digne should be up for it. Hopefully the atmosphere won't get to them and we can play our own game. Lille already showed how good they are with the ball so we need to keep the faith in our own game and try and impose it on them. Come out the blocks fast and silence the crowd with an early goal....

Some amazing brutalist stuff around though - you can have both that and older stuff working together. eg National Theatre/South Bank, Barbican etc.

On topic - we really need to watch the cards tonight. Don't need anyone being banned for the semis (if we get there).

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Bit disappointed to see Diego on the bench, I think he's been better than Konsa in recent weeks but obviously trust Emery on the selection. 

Glad Zani is starting, play like he did v Arsenal and that mop haired, diving clown they got down that side will be crying in his milk all game. 

Proper nervous for this, I'd love to see us win a cup, '96 was the last time, I was only 13 at the time, it's been far far too long. 

That guy is the worst. Talent wrapped up in a flimsy paper bag.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Did you misbehave

Absolutely! 

If eating six meals a day and falling asleep by midnight counts 🤣

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That guy is the worst. Talent wrapped up in a flimsy paper bag.

He wound me right up in the 1st leg. Just like Saka, go near the prat and he's on the deck. 

It's clear he's half decent as well which makes it worse as just no need to behave like that. He will soon get a good crunching and learn his lesson the hard way. 

I know we should probably keep it tight and absorb Lille’s attacks early on, we have the lead and should protect it. However, I hope we come out all guns blazing and blow them away by half time, be much better for the nerves.

2 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

He wound me right up in the 1st leg. Just like Saka, go near the prat and he's on the deck. 

It's clear he's half decent as well which makes it worse as just no need to behave like that. He will soon get a good crunching and learn his lesson the hard way. 

Sounds like what oppo fans used to say about Grealish tbf

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Some amazing brutalist stuff around though - you can have both that and older stuff working together. eg National Theatre/South Bank, Barbican etc.

On topic - we really need to watch the cards tonight. Don't need anyone being banned for the semis (if we get there).

Yep other countries did it without smashing their history to pieces, some great brutalist arch in italy even but they didn't tear down their history to build it.

We've got 5 a card away from missing the semis it's true, I think this will be a real test of the players nerves, the atmosphere will be pretty lively

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I know we should probably keep it tight and absorb Lille’s attacks early on, we have the lead and should protect it. However, I hope we come out all guns blazing and blow them away by half time, be much better for the nerves.

While i really want your nerves and mine to be happy...... i supect Emery will set us up to do as you admit we "should."  0-0 and we're golden.  (and either drunk to numbness or a puddle of anxiety on the floor - - i'm aiming for the alcohol numb.  Cheers!)

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Excuse me?

Dougie Fresh?

Yes.

He might just run the show.

I just hope he doesn't put on the brakes but instead commits to pump it up pump it pump it up

• Like 1

one of the many failures of the US is how insulated we are from the rest of the world.  I've never watched an hour of french TV before.  Guys drinking in the news room.  T-shirts on panelists.  it's quite refreshing how (in some ways at least) they are unpretentious.   Oh and the city center looks lovely.  Maybe a french vacation is in order.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They've conceded 8 goals at home in 38 games???

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That home form is insane. 

Has to come to an end some time….tonight’s as good a night as any 

KTF UTV 

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That home form is insane. 

Just looking and it does look correct 8 conceded in 14 home games, but 4 of those 8 goals have been in the last 3 games… and they’ve conceded 25 in the whole season home and away. 

It’s nice to hear the TNT pundits being so complementary to Villa, I know it’s Hutton and Sidwell who both have a lot of time for us but the presenter is openly wanting us to win. I don’t think you’d get that from Sky tbh.

• Like 1