Wainy316

11 hours ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

How many fans are we taking?

Officially 2600 but it said on the phone in last night that there will be quite a few Villa fans in the home areas

• Like 1

How exciting, can't wait, nerves have gone, I'm sure we have enough and can't help backing Ollie to drag us through tonight, 2-0 win on the night.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Excited bur nervous about this one. 

I think it's going to be a really really tough game

We can’t expect any easy games at this stage of the season in any competition. UTV!!!!!!!!!! Keep faith in the Sultan of Unai, we’ll come through this test no matter how hard it is! UTV!!!!!! It’s getting exciting isn’t it? along with nerve racking too!! 

38 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We can’t expect any easy games at this stage of the season in any competition. UTV!!!!!!!!!! Keep faith in the Sultan of Unai, we’ll come through this test no matter how hard it is! UTV!!!!!! It’s getting exciting isn’t it? along with nerve racking too!! 

Oh Im' actually confident we'll win tonight. It's not a given, but I think we can get the job done.

But I have a feeling it'll be really draining for the squad. I'm probably more worried about Sunday's game on the back of this one

51 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We can’t expect any easy games at this stage of the season in any competition. 

I think tonight will be our hardest game. Tonight is the final of this competition, winner takes all.

Likely going to have to absorb pressure like the Arsenal game for the first 20-30 mins. If Lille score early then I can see them doing what Dortmund did and scoring a second fairly quickly and being an uncomfortable night. If we can get to HT at least level then I think we will be fine. I am bracing myself for a penalty shoot-out tonight though. 

The performance at Arsenal has given me a bit more confidence but AZ Alkmaar aside, I don't think we have played that well in any of our European away games and Lille are more experienced with this occasion then us. Not confident! 

I do think the winner of this tie goes onto win the tournament. 

Edited by RichW

Am I the only one thinking that the Conference league has to take a back seat after England’s results last night all but ruled out a 5th Champions League spot?

Brentford on the weekend now has more importance than this game in my eyes so personally id be starting the likes of Iroegbunam and Duran this evening.

8 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Am I the only one thinking that the Conference league has to take a back seat after England’s results last night all but ruled out a 5th Champions League spot?

Brentford on the weekend now has more importance than this game in my eyes so personally id be starting the likes of Iroegbunam and Duran this evening.

This is our biggest chance to win a trophy, probably our biggest in a very long time.

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Nope. Let's win a European trophy. We are 4 games away. This is what you'll tell your grandkids about, not about Villa finishing 4th. 

Fair enough, each to their own. 

I’d rather see us kick on and establish ourselves in the top echelons of both English and European football than win a 3rd tier trophy that West Ham won last season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Fair enough, each to their own. 

I’d rather see us kick on and establish ourselves in the top echelons of both English and European football than win a 3rd tier trophy that West Ham won last season.

Progress in this competition will stand us in good stead for next season’s CL. We don’t just want to qualify and get knocked out early. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Trophy is more important, top 4 is secondary. Emery's first goal was a trophy, he'll worry about Bournemouth after the final whistle tonight 

• Thanks 1

Players will be super focused, they are evolving right in front of our very eyes at the moment. 0-2 and all of us wondering what happened to the Villa we used to fear and love.