Wainy316

I haven't been this nervous a week ahead of a game for a long time.

These are the kind of games it's all about but man it's gonna be nervy!

The Arsenal game feels like an inconvenience.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

I think conceding that goal could cost us. 2-0 and I think we would go through. Now....😬

Considering our away form has been better than our home form, I don't agree with you.

Also, did anybody look at all the European results this week? Other than Atalanta coming in and kicking Liverpool in the teeth, these are close games. We also drew an opponent who plays similar to us, and knew they could play loose to come home and chase in the second leg. Other teams we might have bossed but, as the saying goes, styles make fights.

I'd rather be us than Liverpool right now, if I wanted advancement. I think we can draw away at Lille on a Thursday mid-evening.

Edited by 479Villan

Energy levels obviously a factor here but if we can, play our best team: 

Martinez

Konsa        Carlos        Pau          Digne

McGinn     Tielemans       Luiz          Rogers

Bailey        Watkins

We can do this.  1-2 win UTV

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Hopefully Villa win in normal time as I don't think we have 5 penalty takers

Do you not think the manager has had them practicing penalties for weeks? He seems to plan for everything else so I expect he knows the order already.

Really nervous for this one because of how much I have built up the idea of winning this competition in my head. If there is any squad capable of doing it, especially after yesterday, it's ours.

Gaffer knows his way around Europe.

Could start with a 5 3 2 here for solidity and control to quieten down the atmosphere....and then pivot into a 433 after 60 mins. But tbh ill trust whatever Emery goes with. 

Cash konsa Carlos torres moreno

Mcginn Luiz tielemans

Bailey Watkins 

1 hour ago, Lille fan said:

i've watched your game against Arsenal - great performance !
things have got scarier ! 
if we don't score the first goal we're dead ...

it's just going to be a tough game for both sides.

I don't think anyone can read anything in to it, with certainty.....it's all on the day.

I do think whoever wins this, has a very good chance to go all the way.

Going to be another hard game. Hope the boys have enough in the tank after Sunday, at least it is a short trip across the channel. Lille are very good at home but Emery is the master of European matches. I think it will be  a nervy 1-1 and job done.

It's so vital that we are going into this game with such a well earned victory behind us. Now we just have to carry the belief instilled in us from that win and maximise it to our advantage. Lille would have taken notice, that's for sure, and if we maintain that kind of focus with the same intensity, I honestly think, we'll be too much for them. The key word being "Consistency." When this team eventually lessens those frailties, defensively mainly, then we really can start to believe. 

I'm genuinely excited about our last few games, rather than nervous and performances like the one against Arsenal is ample evidence that we may just become part of something very special indeed. 

Come on me Babbys!

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1