Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Duran is upset...

I just said that in Australian like Chopper.

"Ya bladdy mams upset". 😂

You'll understand if you've seen the film anyway. 😆

• Haha 2

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Cant do that in a wall, it did look off and Foden was trying to bend it round but you have stay solid and take it in the front if it hits you.

Also it's Foden hitting it, not John Arne Riise. Stand there and take it.

Totally, he should just stand there and stick to Konsa. I was reacting to the idea he was a coward, that's bollocks, he tried to anticipate Foden bending it round the wall and tried to jump in the way, not get out of the way. He realised too late and tried to block it with his leg.

• Like 1

If the FK just hits Zaniolo on the corner of the wall having jumped to the side like he did, no one cares.

It's totally outcome bias to blame him. A lot of players jump to the side because naturally the ball is more likely to be aimed around the wall rather than in between it.

How's he meant to know Foden puts it where he's stood? It's just not his fault.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 4

Damn shame to concede such a stupid goal after what was generally a fine 45 mins.

Luiz giving the ball away and then the foul to tee up the free kick and Zaniolo being a coward cost us.

We definitely looked tired toward the end of the half, unsure we can sustain it for 90+ but we do look decent on the break, the ball for Diaby in behind Gvardiol is on all the time (well, in those fleeting moment we have the ball anyway)

• Like 1

Olsen, Zaniolo ( except for his part in the wall), Tim and Duran all playing well.

we can cause them problems when we go forward.

such a shame to give away such soft goal so close to halftime. 

Decent first half all things considered. Their defence looks shaky. Would like bailey to have a go at them. 

Grealish in the refs ear trying to get dougie sent off. He's a rat of the highest order. Never want to see him back at villa ever in my lifetime. 

We've got a lot of young players in this side - Iroegbunam, Rogers and Duran could all be playing for the U21's - we're going to make the odd error.

I think we've been decent, City are the better side, but we're still in the game and I wouldn't put a second goal beyond us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

apart from when Grealish has asked him to book Luiz on two occasions and he’s already on a card himself!!!! 

Mr Aston Villa…

and people want him back!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Not seen us dominated this badly since our kids played Liverpool in the cup

Feel Emery overthinks it when we play the big boys. We surely have the talent to play a lot better than we are.