Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

Just now, nick76 said:

You’re joking, if Zaniolo stands still in the wall it just hits him.  That is on him.  Yes silly by Dougie but Zaniolo is to blame for the goal

Both stupid and at fault equally imo

• Like 1

Good performance undone by self inflicted wounds.  Not having Zaniolo in that wall. 

Just now, Callum said:

Let’s not let one **** up define our half. We’ve been quality all things considered. 

Yep. Not bad at all 2nd goal mistake aside. We really need to start having a go at them again otherwise we'll concede another 3.

Kind of match suits Olsen - hasn't had to make a lot of decisions to come out and sweep or claim.

Reminds me of when we had to start him vs Spurs away last year. Was decent enough then (though I don't remember him having to make any saves).

1 minute ago, Callum said:

Let’s not let one **** up define our half. We’ve been quality all things considered. 

Yep that's got to be the message. We've made a great goal, we can do it again.

• Like 1

We played very well by and large. I mean, i always felt they'd beat us from what's on their bench, ultimately but we didn't have to make it easy by giving away free kicks and then a dodgy wall. 😧

• Like 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

Nor them. Seems pretty consistent.

I wrote that before he left Dougie off a second yellow. 

Richard Key saying he fails to think of another team who self inflicts so many problems on themselve when cruising as us.

That legit is frustrating, most times we concede or lose games, it's not because we've been blown away or well beaten, we've just handed over goals FFS.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, supermon said:

What are the chances Zaniolo squeezes out to one side and Foden happens to choose that gap ffs 

I read that as what are the chances Zaniolo squeezes one out, which he basically did.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Richard Key saying he fails to think of another team who self inflicted so many problems on themselves as us.

That legit is frustrating, most times we concede or lose games, it's not because we've been blown away or well beaten, we've just handed over goals FFS.

as a smarmy cov fan he would say that

• Like 1

You just knew we would do something stupid to concede before half time.  As if Douggie giving a needless free kick away in a dangerous place for the second time and risking a red wasn't stupid enough we then have Zaniolo doing a total bottle job in the wall.  **** pussy.

Just now, LondonLax said:

Nor them. Seems pretty consistent.

apart from when Grealish has asked him to book Luiz on two occasions and he’s already on a card himself!!!! 

• Like 1