Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Is Ederson out for them too? I heard he was earlier in the week but not heard an update? 

Doesn't really matter who is out for them with the state of our midfield and attack. 

All in the lap of the God's (with a little bit of help from Mr emery)

We are gonna concede, so we should get used to the idea and attack. Don't want a cricket score but we can hurt them, just gotta believe it. Early Bailey goal would be nice. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Ake hobbled off after 25 minutes of the first half in our 0-0 draw with Arsenal and was replaced by Rico Lewis.

On the potential availability of Stones, Walker and Ederson against Unai Emery’s men, the boss told the media in his pre-match press conference: “I don’t think so. John maybe, the other two no chance.

“He [John] has to feel fully fit. But the injury was less than we expected. We’ll see. For today or maybe for the next games he’ll be ready.”

Adding an update on Ake, he said: “Injured. Hopefully he will be back soon.

Hmm...I do hope you meant their 🤔.

It would be one of the longest cons ever if you were really a closet Man City fan.

3 minutes ago, RichW said:

Rumour has it Haaland is on the bench. 

Pep motivation tactic. Surely will come off the bench to score.

Let's hope it's them chasing the game 3-0 down and getting desperate though. Hey, I can dream.

2 hours ago, bose said:

Usually get more pessimistic the closer a match gets but it's the other way now.

Nothing to lose game.

I’m sure you’ll not be saying that if we lose 6-0.

• Like 1

I think as fans we just need to keep our heads and not get too down if we lose a lead or don’t win tonight. If you’d told me after that Newcastle loss our game away to Manc City would be a 3rd vs 4th game… I would never have believed it.

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Hmm...I do hope you meant their 🤔.

It would be one of the longest cons ever if you were really a closet Man City fan.

Purely a cut and paste job mate to answer a previous poster on City’s injuries 👍

Haha, only claret and blue allowed in my house. UTV 

• Like 1

Speaks to how ridiculous their squad is that even with the absentees they'll likely be starting the likes of Foden, Rodri, Silva, Alvarez, Grealish, Dias, Gvardiol, Akanji, Kovacic...

Still though, better opportunity than it usually is at that rate.

7 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Stones, KDB and Haaland BENCHED

Shows lack of respect.