Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 1 of 10

duke313

A very interesting lineup. Looks like we ate trying to match their physicality with Rogers and Duran starting. Probably going to be quite direct. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I do somewhat agree, I think we really should be playing Iroegbunam as they have Kudus and paqueta who can really cause a lot of damage through the middle of the park. 

I guess Emery doesn’t feel in training and some of the game time that Tim is taking up the gauntlet that Emery offered him.  Maybe Emery also just has watched West Ham and has a game plan to expose West Ham’s weaknesses….maybe a mixture of the two.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

We have home games against Wolves, Brentford, Bournemouth and Chelsea - I would like and hope for 3 points in each of those games.

I don't think a point is the worst result today after Spurs result yesterday and I just think we will miss the likes of McGinn and Kamara.

Hope I'm wrong.

It'll be easier against these than Wolves and Chelsea.

This is going to be so wierd seeing Duran actually starting a game.

He's going to either be amazing and bag a couple or explode and get sent off.

Exciting....

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

West Ham play 4-2-3-1 so maybe we're matching them up? Feels like a game that's going to be end-to-end with both teams constantly trying to hit the other in transition. Just have to hope that our counter-attacking is the more clinical, I guess?

Just now, AshVilla said:

This is going to be so wierd seeing Duran actually starting a game.

He's going to either be amazing and bag a couple or explode and get sent off.

In the Morgan Rogers Yellow Card Pool I'm going for 17 minutes

The question to which no answer would ever come is “How much of this would change were McGinn available?”

Is all of this because he’s out? Is some of it and also some in response to favoring a cautious approach and reacting to how poorly that went?

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Unai very clearly likes Rogers, he has a lot to prove. Hopefully we see some composure in his pressing today.

He really does. Getting lots and lots of minutes already. Lets hope that he repays the faith. 

I was right about the nature of the line-up, we're going to attack to compensate for the absence of some of our more defensively minded players, it's not actually too different to what we did against Ajax, just a few changes in personnel

• Like 1