Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 1 of 10

duke313

Feel the same way I did when I saw the lineup vs Spurs. 

Balance is terribly off and at the risk of sounding like those bitter Arse fans, think Unai is making too many changes. 

But hoping for 3 points regardless of how it pans out!

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Very attacking lineup.

Were going to be weak in the middle defensively with Tielemans and Morgan in there both need to be very disciplined defensively, doug can't do all the donkey work on his own.

To be fair we have been smoked in midfield to some degree the past several games at least transitioning to attack so might as well embrace it. 

• Like 1

Just now, MSvillain said:

Duran and rogers to get booked is printing money, surely?! 🤣

the real challenge is to guess which one gets booked first.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

Feel the same way I did when I saw the lineup vs Spurs. 

Balance is terribly off and at the risk of sounding like those bitter Arse fans, think Unai is making too many changes. 

But hoping for 3 points regardless of how it pans out!

I do somewhat agree, I think we really should be playing Iroegbunam as they have Kudus and paqueta who can really cause a lot of damage through the middle of the park. 

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To match the pace of Bowen I think

He also hit a lovely cross for our goal down there in the 1-1 last season.

With Konsa the other side I'm not surprised. No good putting endless attackers out if they don't get any support from a full back.

• Like 1

If we’re going attacking, it’s a bit surprising that Diaby is on the bench but I’m sure he’ll come on and replace whoever tires… hopefully follows up on his Ajax performance…

No one can suss Unai 😂

• Like 1

A terribly balanced team that for some reason i cannot wait to watch. Durans first real good game on Thursday is rewarded with his first start.  You really do have to earn game time under Emery. Its not just given out to youngsters

• Like 1