Conference League Quarter Final Draw

Have a clash on the 11th so I just begged for one 50/50 to go my way and the home leg to be second and football gods said no and royally shat on me.  rocket polishers.

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Fiorentina most likely favourites to make it from that side of the draw 

Would love to play Fiorentina in Semi, have friends near Florence!

Looks like Lille are going about as well as we are in the league so should be a good matchup, shame we’re at home first leg though slightly less of an issue with the removal of the away goal rule.

Didnt we play (and beat) Lille in the intertwobob cup years ago?

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

Would love to play Fiorentina in Semi, have friends near Florence!

The semi finals have already been drew, you'll have to meet your friends in Athens or Istanbul 🤣

Some Lille players the average English fan might have heard of;  Nabil Bentaleb (ex Spurs), Angel Gomes (ex Man Utd youth), Remy Cabella (ex-Newcastle), Vito Mannone (ex-Arsenal), Ivan Caveleiro (ex- Wolves), Samuel Umtiti (ex-Barcelona), Jonathan David (he's a bit good...)

Edited by StewieGriffin

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Say what you want about the Conference League, if we win this having had to beat Ajax, Lille, Fenerbache and Fiorentina on the way, we’ve won a legit European Trophy

Exactly this. People (usually blosers and 12 year old fans on twitter from other clubs) like to shit on the Conference League and say it's not a proper trophy, but there's some good teams in there. This is a proper competition now.

7 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Exactly this. People (usually blosers and 12 year old fans on twitter from other clubs) like to shit on the Conference League and say it's not a proper trophy, but there's some good teams in there. This is a proper competition now.

West Ham by comparison had a much easier run last season.

AEK Larnaca, Gent, AZ and then Fiorentina in the final.

A much tougher competition this season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I don't think there is a huge difference in quality between the conference and europa league, certainly for the group winners. As shown that ultimately only one side  dropping down in the Europa league  has reached the quarters.

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

I don't think there is a huge difference in quality between the conference and europa league, certainly for the group winners. As shown that ultimately only one side  dropping down in the Europa league  has reached the quarters.

Will change next season, as teams no longer drop into the competition below.

Lille is the team I least wanted but we should have enough to beat them if we play to our ability, I hope. Only 3 years since they beat PSG for the league title although as those things go most of that team is gone.

Olympiacos- Fener will be interesting. Guess they'll do no away fans if they want to avoid massive riots and people getting murdered.

• Like 1

Lille's form of late doesn't look that great, have only won three of the last eleven in the league, in that same spell also got knocked out of the Coupe De France by Lyon. As above, so far in the competition our better performances have come against the better teams, AZ Alkmaar and Ajax.

59 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Looks like Lille are going about as well as we are in the league so should be a good matchup, shame we’re at home first leg though slightly less of an issue with the removal of the away goal rule.

Didnt we play (and beat) Lille in the intertwobob cup years ago?

Nope. They beat us. 1-1 at their place 0-2 at VP.

• Like 1