Conference League Quarter Final Draw

The draw is at 13:00 GMT (14:00 CET), details will be here:

Link

The 2023/24 UEFA Europa Conference League quarter-final, semi-final and final draws take place on Friday 15 March at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland at 14:00 CET.

Seedings, any groupings and the procedure will be available here from 09:00 CET on the day of the draw.

We got the worst available team last round and lets hope it continues. Plzen be a great draw for everybody, team and fans

Edited by Zatman

If we get one of the lesser teams then there is the risk players might be a bit complacent whereas if we get one of the teams just below us aiming to win the competition then I guess the players will know they need to be up for it.

Fenerbache, Fiorentina and Lille would be tough away games IMO. 

I’d probably prefer to avoid Fenerbache and the two Greek sides… other than that Fiorentina are obviously good.

We’ll beat anyone though, bring it on. 

Be good if Villa can avoid a trickier team this time around....in the hope that said trickier team gets knocked out in this round which would really open up the opportunity for Villa to win the tournament.

I think Fiorentina would be trickiest so pretty sure that'll be who we get next. 🤔

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

The 2023/24 UEFA Europa Conference League quarter-final, semi-final and final draws take place on Friday 15 March at the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland at 14:00 CET.

I bet it will be one of four teams vs one of the other four teams

• Haha 2

Schedule around this time will be:

11th April - Europe QF 1
14th April - Arsenal A
18th April - Europe QF 2
21st April - Bournemouth H

Easiest tie possible (bruge or Plizen) with a walking pace away leg first would help.  

So I make that 7 out of the 8 group winners ultimately going through to the quarters with only Tel Aviv going out after letting a 4-1 first-leg away lead slip. So that shows that the conference league has a reasonable depth to it. It is also the most diverse competition with 7 countries left in the draw,  with half of the sides from Eastern Europe, if you include Greece and Turkey in that definition. Compared to the money-making behemoth that is the Champions League which only has 4 countries represented left, and there are 5 within the Europa League all of which are Western European countries.  So the competition is doing what it is set out to do.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

As I said in the other thread, while in many ways you don't want either of the Greek sides, you also don't want either of those sides being the opposition in the final so arguably better to face one now. 

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

If we had to rank the 7 teams from hardest opponent to easiest opponent, what would the order be?

According to the betting sites:

Fiorentina, Lille, Fenerbahce, Club Brugge, Pizen, PAOK, Olympiakos.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If we had to rank the 7 teams from hardest opponent to easiest opponent, what would the order be?

1. Aston Villa 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

7. Forrin Teams 

• Haha 3