Match Thread: Villa v Ajax

limpid

1 minute ago, YLN said:

Duran makes being a striker look very very difficult

Totally agree.... His positioning is dreadful, He wanders everywhere other than where he needs to be and he spends more time talking and moaning than concentrating on the game. 

• Like 1

Think we can be pretty confident in saying there are more goals in this game yet... Just not sure for who. Bailey, Diaby, Duran and Rodgers will have chances, but they all push forward and it's leaving us vunerable to a counter if Ajax can just play the right ball.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see a Red in this game either, it's not as dirty as the ref seems to be viewing it as!

We're playing comfortably within ourselves but wouldn't be confident of us having the energy for a second gear if Ajax nick one.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I hope we come back and keep our foot on the accelerator. Can’t get complacent. 

No more shitty second halves Villa 🙏

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'm more worried about rogers getting sent off than duran

Me too. The margin on this game is too small to risk him playing on.

Swedish TV has repeated the goal about 14 times in a row now. I swear if I was on the jazz broccoli I'd think I was going insane.

Edited by osmark86
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

The drop from Watkins to Duran is massive. Hard working, pressing goal threat to what appears to be petulant, entitled wannabe...

Kellyman might have been a better shout 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Duran needs to stop dropping deep and stay up top, we have lots of pace around him with diaby and bailey playing really well.

He was playing RB for a few mins there…

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Totally agree.... His positioning is dreadful, He wanders everywhere other than where he needs to be and he spends more time talking and moaning than concentrating on the game. 

I don’t know. Seems a little harsh. I have no question he’s absolutely all in 100% with all his heart. People have different ways of expressing nervousness. I think that he’s anxious. 😉 😬

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Swedish TV has repeated the goal about 14 times in a row now. I swear if I was on the jazz broccoli I'd think I was going insane.

Same here.   Once from every camera angle, including fans’ phone cameras.   Then repeated in slo-mo.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Good. I suppose?

Bailey looks very good. Diaby looks sharper than he has recently. I think Rogers has shown glimpses too. 

The Watkins injury will overshadow this result a little. Just doesn’t look like we can get through any match without losing a player to something at the moment. 

Let’s just get the job done and hope Mr. Ironman is fit for Sunday.

Really want a big half here from Diaby. He’s going to have to hit form if we want to finish in the top 5 this season with our injuries and suspensions. 

Got complacent, and nearly got caught out at the end of the half.

Pretty uninspiring overall, some decent play to get out from defence and up the pitch, but the decision making and passing in the final 3rd has been poor.

A game and a half against these now and we haven't created much from open play at all.

Just now, il_serpente said:

Same here.   Once from every camera angle, including fans’ phone cameras.   Then repeated in slo-mo.

The one guy in the production crew working the shift went for a shit