• Rogers (Ramsey 29)
    • Diaby (Bailey 78)
    • Iroegbunam (Rogers 78)
    • Digne (Moreno 78)
    • Zaniolo (Tielemans 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/24 at 23:59

10 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Jesus **** christ, I dont know how much I poured in that but it's not enough 😵‍💫

TiACTMe.png

I'm a big fan of Lucozade myself, as well ;) 

• Thanks 1

Was always going to be a really difficult game, regardless of how we started, especially with the changes in defence and players not being 100% or having limited minutes. Luton have bullied a few teams this season so no surprise it became a tough game. 

The match thread.... so many turncoats forgetting the players have been brilliant most of the season. 

• Like 2

Sending on Rogers sent the wrong message by suggesting the win was a certainty.

The players seemed to think so and the team completely lost its shape for most of the following 44 minutes.

Iroegbunam was the obvious replacement, even if he's not quite up to speed yet.

I had suspected the possibility of a banana-skin but I didn't think it would be entirely self-inflicted.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Think it may be a matter of chance whether I have a stroke  or Villa seal a CL slot first. These last two matches have sent my blood pressure into new uncharted territory.

Sublime first half but I would like to know if Emery instructs them to play slow, passive football at the start of each second half or if the players have made this up by themselves. It just invites teams to score against us. 

Great performances from Watkins and McGinn, OK from everyone else, think Emery should have taken Moreno off sooner, he isn’t made for an ultra defensive game.

Worst performance from a referee I have seen in a long time.

Why didn’t Barkley ever play like that for us?

Ah it’s terrible. My watch does be asking why my heart rate is so high when I’m not exercising. 

20 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Luiz should have been sent off, so lets get that right. 

Ok fair enough. I will do my best Wenger impression and say I didn’t see that. I will have to watch back later on the highlights.

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Sending on Rogers sent the wrong message by suggesting the win was a certainty.

The players seemed to think so and the team completely lost its shape for most of the following 44 minutes.

Iroegbunam was the obvious replacement, even if he's not quite up to speed yet.

I had suspected the possibility of a banana-skin but I didn't think it would be entirely self-inflicted.

In hindsight it was the wrong move but Rogers could have scored and assisted whilst on and then it’s game over. 

Hopefully Ramsey injury not serious.

Unai has been brilliant for us.  First time I have ever given him poor (I think)  when the team doesn't show up in the second half you have to change something.   He couldn't change the performance and waited far too long to make any subs.

Michael Oliver called his normal game.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Ok fair enough. I will do my best Wenger impression and say I didn’t see that. I will have to watch back later on the highlights.

If yellow cards were given out consistently I’d say yes he maybe should have been sent off. But it really was random! 

• Like 1

Luton had their keeper to thank that they weren’t going in at half time 4 or 5 nil down. Predictable second half performance from us whilst 2.0 up. Luton played their game well in second half.  Good win again. 

• Like 1

Thank goodness we got the late goal.

Great football 1st half, 1970s football 2nd half. The long ball was just giving possession straight back to Luton but we continued with it through the 2nd half.

Not sure why we changed our entire style of play but I hope we don't see that again if it doesn't work the first 3 or 4 times of trying.

3 more points on the board 👏 🙌 👌🏼 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

👇

Got to sort this out and the weak 2nd halves, no more complacency.

Maybe it’s me but I didn’t see complacency. They just got very physical and the team struggled with it. Like pretty much every team that has played at that ground this season. Are they all complacent ?