• Rogers (Ramsey 29)
    • Diaby (Bailey 78)
    • Iroegbunam (Rogers 78)
    • Digne (Moreno 78)
    • Zaniolo (Tielemans 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/24 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

We faced down an opponent literally playing for league survival. They fought like tigers, and we put them to the sword. Bring on the next challenger ...

At last someone willing to give the opposition some credit, yes we were shit second half but Luton played a big part in causing that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

As delighted as I was with that unexpected winner, on that second - half performance, we hardly deserved a point. Genuinely felt a bit for Luton.

Had we threw that away, I would have been castigating Cash for allowing that Luton throw  - in to go down the line which led to the free - kick and their second. Shocking defending. 

Disagree. We could have been 4-5 up if not for their keeper. Second half they reacted and we had to fight. We could have totally collapsed at 2-2 but continued for the winner. 100% deserved the win. 

• Like 1

The endless kvetching about the referee is annoying. He got far more right than he did wrong. 

The performances after half time remain a massive source of concern. 

Great to see two subs combining for the winner, but while I give Emery credit for making the changes it seemed awfully late. 

• Like 4

Just now, NeilS said:

I am not surprised to hear Michael Oliver was bad, it seems like we rarely win when he is in charge of our matches. I feared the worst when I heard he was the referee today. 

So happy with the win, it was always going to be a tough battle against Luton. They are showing some fight and we stood up to it and got the win. It is not always going to be champagne football, you have to win ugly as well. Nice one lads. UTV

Luiz should have been sent off, so lets get that right. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, smg said:

At last someone willing to give the opposition some credit, yes we were shit second half but Luton played a big part in causing that.

I did too 😊 . We can be better but they deserve credit too. It doesn’t always have to be as simple as Villa were poor. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

The referee kept them in the game and created their momentum with some unbelievable poor decisions. Found a way to win though. Which our first half performance fully deserved. Special mention for Moussa. What an assist which Lucas finished like prime Gary Lineker. UTV. COYVB. 
On a negative note. Poor old Zaniolo looks like a competition winner.

Finish on a positive. Morgan looked like a proper player at times. Lots to learn but oozes class.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Third bottom ain't that great.

But look at that squad, next to no quality, they give it a go most weeks and even at 3rd bottom you can argue they're punching above their weight 

I hope they stay up

Chong can **** off though 

• Like 1

To say this season we have only lost once from a winning position shows how far we have come. Only lost once and thar was  to Manure..

This was a similar performance, battered them 1st half 2nd half we were abysmal.

But made changes and got the winner.

But we really need to sort out our defending of set pieces, it's diabolical! Be interesting to know how many we have conceded this season! But it's a big weakness to have.

The ref was swayed by the home crowd, every foul was met with huge roars. This also didn't help out play with the stop start.

Play like we did in the 1st half vs Spurs Top 4 is ours. Play like we did in the 2nd half forgot it!

we are like the Newcastle of the 90's.

We cant keep a clean sheet to save our lives, so its all down to if we can outsacore the opposition.

On a serious note, we need to sort our defence out , obviously defending isnt just defence, its a team game, but our defence is just a joke.

I hope we get Pau and Konsa back together soon, we also need someone to make that DM role their own.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The first half we absolutely breezed through - if you were looking for a dictionary definition of 'in control' that first half was it. It feels like three weeks ago because we were so bad in the second half, but I can't go along with 'never'.

Disagree, even when we clearly had the upper hand in the first half, their press was causing us problems and we were conceding stupid free kicks in our own half