Reverse Bucket List

Rds1983

40 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I will never wank using salad cream as lube again, a failed experiment in my younger years, absolute agony, I think it was the vinegar that did the damage. 

I imagine the cucumber up your arse was pretty uncomfortable too.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The opposite of the traditional bucket list. What thing do you plan to never ever do again before you die?

Mine would be drunkenly deciding to climb a lamppost whilst out on Saturday night. Two days later and I'm still in pain.

1. Consume the Indian soft cheese dessert rasgulla. Caught E. coli from it. Not pleasant.
  2. Travel to Russia. Love Russian literature and music, and many Russian people, but I've less than zero interest in traveling there.
  3. Visit a concentration camp. Visited Dachau in the 1980s. It's such a shattering experience, once is enough.
  4. Go to an American football game. I played it as a kid and used to love it, but once my parents took me to England in the 1970s and I discovered association football, I totally lost interest in the American game. Dunno why. My brother had the same experience.
  5. Code. Done a bit, even in the early 1980s, believe it or not.  It's baffling to me how people can enjoy coding. Never again if I can help it.
  6. Go to a sports bar/sport pub etc. Hate 'em.
  7. Hopefully, one day at a time, never take a drink. I'm a recovering drunk. Had my share. Same with "dry goods."
  8. Be a new father again. Loved it. Greatest experience in my life, really. But I am moving into a different part of life now. 
  9. Hunt. I did when I was young because it was what everyone did where I grew up. I don't enjoy killing animals. 
  10. Listen to any of the following: Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Strokes, White Stripes, a lot of pop music today like Glass Animals -- I turn it off like it's an aural disease.
Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:
  1. Consume the Indian soft cheese dessert rasgulla. Caught E. coli from it. Not pleasant.

While generally, I can't relate to eight of your ten points, this is sort of parallel ... Never order and eat steak tartare in a third-world African country.

6. Go to a sports bar/sport pub etc. Hate 'em.

Locally, we have an Indo-Italian Pizza sports bar. While it is, actually, passable, just; but, No!!

We need a WHY?? thread.

This belongs on a philosophy thread ... but Why? is a dumb question ... How? Purpose? Meaning?

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Hopefully, one day at a time, never take a drink. I'm a recovering drunk. Had my share.

Came here to say this. I plan on staying sober for a 24 hour period every day for the rest of my life. God willing, I’ll never take a sip again.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Travel to Russia. Love Russian literature and music, and many Russian people, but I've less than zero interest in traveling there.

Yeah, this is me, too. 

• Like 1

Never again:

Cheat on someone - coward move. Leave the relationship or deal with the issue, but don't cheat.

Work full time. **** that.

Camping. Too many miserable drenched 'holidays' in North Wales.

Was going to mention pegging @Designer1, but what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Never:

Visit Dubai. It's a poster child for so many things wrong with humanity.

Buy an Apple product.They're OK, but it's a horrible, narcissistic, gaslighting and abusive company.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Enda said:

Get a PhD. Six years on poverty wages, in your 20s, when your mates are buying houses and getting married.

House schmouse, those were good times!

onemore-year.gif

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Been there, done that. Twice. 

I did it in East London. With a white van. Do I win a prize?

Drink a pint of Carling Black Label. I did it in The Old Royal recently as a kind of dirty protest because of them ripping out the beer engines.  Ultimately it was just an act of self harm. 

1. Take indirect flights. You save money but double the least enjoyable and stressful bits of air travel. 

2.  Eat vegetable soup in a cheap restaurant.  A mate is a chef.  He's worked in places where leftover vegetables on dirty plates become tomorrow's soup. 

3. Visit Middlesbrough.  The right armpit of Northern England.

4. Visit Liverpool. The left armpit of Northern England. 

5. Visit a circus that uses animals.  

6. Camping.  Miserable. 

7. Visit the V&A museum.   Pure boredom. 

8. Juggle pint glasses whilst drunk.  It used to be my party trick.  When sober I was excellent.  Then one day.......

• Haha 1

Â