Reverse Bucket List

Rds1983

12 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

8. Juggle pint glasses whilst drunk.  It used to be my party trick.  When sober I was excellent.  Then one day.......

giphy.gif

I used to hold a pint glass by hooking it between my teeth and necking it no hands. 

I think back now to the awful damage it would have done to my mouth if the glass had broken. 

Definitely something I'll never do again. The **** stupid things you do when you're young. 

54 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Visit the V&A museum.   Pure boredom. 

The one up in Dundee is great.  I guess mileage will always vary depending on what exhibitions they've got on, but the structural design stuff around it is fascinating.

10 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

3. Visit Middlesbrough.  The right armpit of Northern England.

This reminds me. I'll never again do a bungee jump off Middlesbrough transporter bridge.

Climbed to the top in absolutely awful winds that shook the whole bridge so badly they immediately closed it after our jump, stood at the top to admire the view and realised just how ugly Middlesbrough is.

Just as I jumped a huge cloud of black ash was released from the crematorium below.

Edited by Rds1983
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

1. Take indirect flights. You save money but double the least enjoyable and stressful bits of air travel.

agree where the saving is 100 quid or so. but what if the direct flights are double the price and the connections of the indirect ones are reasonably short?

maybe my experiences of connecting flights has been smoother than yours :)

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

agree where the saving is 100 quid or so. but what if the direct flights are double the price and the connections of the indirect ones are reasonably short?

maybe my experiences of connecting flights has been smoother than yours :)

Also, some destinations can't be reached by direct flights. Entire countries are bared from EU and UK flights as they don't match the safety standards. If you don't take indirect flights, there are a lot of places you can never visit. 

Although I agree it's always worth paying a bit extra for direct where it's available. 

Edited by Danwichmann
Add a bit

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

I used to hold a pint glass by hooking it between my teeth and necking it no hands. 

I think back now to the awful damage it would have done to my mouth if the glass had broken. 

Definitely something I'll never do again. The **** stupid things you do when you're young. 

I've got a mate in his 40s (older than me - humblebrag) who still does this, but the real trick is necks it in probably less than 2 seconds and he's even happier if it's a DIPA. Mad bastard.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I've got a mate in his 40s (older than me - humblebrag) who still does this, but the real trick is necks it in probably less than 2 seconds and he's even happier if it's a DIPA. Mad bastard.

Yeah, 2 seconds is beyond my capabilities holding a pint glass in my hands!

I would usually end up with most of the beer down my shirt using no hands.

• Like 1

I’ve had the good fortune to have visited most towns around the country.

Middlesborough: strong agree, been there 3 times and yet to find the good bit.

Liverpool: strong disagree, it’s fine, it has the grit and the smooth and can be considered a decent weekend break

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Liverpool: strong disagree, it’s fine, it has the grit and the smooth and can be considered a decent weekend break

I last went to Liverpool on a business trip on 5th November. 

The tracksuit wearing youth had an endless supply of fireworks to throw around. I saw 3 shoplifters just grab stuff and run.   Two tables did a dine and dash whilst I was eating supper.  Wearing pyjamas to go shopping seemed perfectly acceptable.  Every other resident thought they were hilarious.  They were wrong.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I last went to Liverpool on a business trip on 5th November. 

The tracksuit wearing youth had an endless supply of fireworks to throw around. I saw 3 shoplifters just grab stuff and run.   Two tables did a dine and dash whilst I was eating supper.  Wearing pyjamas to go shopping seemed perfectly acceptable.  Every other resident thought they were hilarious.  They were wrong.  

Scumbags with fireworks on 5th November can’t be exclusive to Liverpool though.

So, I’d have to say, I’ve also been there on business, a group of us stayed in a hotel for a couple of days and by the end of the stay between us we’d had three things go missing, a coat, a folder of work, and a camera. But again, I’ve had worse in other cities.

On the plus side for Liverpool, it does have a half decent bit of shopping, interesting buildings, a waterfront, and a bit of a buzz about the place. I’ve been there a couple of times recently and if you’ve got a bit of spending cash and you land a good hotel and the weather is good, it’s a decent place for a visit. 

Personally, I’d do a weekend in Liverpool before I’d do Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Blackpool etc..

On 26/02/2024 at 20:03, Genie said:

Go on…

Its not a confessions thread! ;)

I think we had one of those and it got closed!

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its not a confessions thread! ;)

I think we had one of those and it got closed!

Not surprising with the degenerates on here. 

Â