Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/24 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Really really.

I've watched it a lot of times now and I see Ollie and the defender going shoulder to shoulder, Ollie nicks the ball away and then the defender trips Ollie up. I can't see your interpretation at all I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

MOTD gets worse, They probably spent  ore time talking about what's on MOTD2 on Sunday than they did discussing our game 

The crooked VAR penalty and offside not even mentioned let alone discussed. 

words removed of champions 

I thought the same.

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This man is going down as an Aston Villa icon. Since that double save from Haaland in that City win, I swear he’s pulled out at least one world class save in every match since, or at least it seems as much. Hero

What a TOP man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Every contentious VAR call for goals should come with a clear explaination at full time - I’m still confused about the offside. 

I think all VAR decisions should be explained as they are made, over the PA system, like in Rugby Union and Cricket.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

What a TOP man.

That's how a real leader behaves. Takes responsibility, owns the mistake (we all make them) then steps up. Outstanding mentality.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Every contentious VAR call for goals should come with a clear explaination at full time - I’m still confused about the offside. 

Me too...I don't think I understand it anymore.

There have been too many changes to it, over the years.

The hand ball rule is a close second for me.

I think the ambiguity, plays in to the hands of bias...and even if there is no bias, it appears, there is.

I don't see the Ambivalence lurking in the shadows, of other sports,  quite like there is in football.

Edited by TRO

21 hours ago, Kingman said:

More appropriate lines, Rather than the one's drawn on by someone out the Plasticine Class! 

m9hAfpq.jpeg

The problem with this is, it has to be reconciled with when the ball was kicked......Only half of the offside criteria, is forensically measured.....so the final deed can be manipulated, to suit.

Also, how can a linesman, put a flag up, when it takes VAR c4 minutes to decide with the aid of cameras.....they are all just guessing at it.

Its like using a micrometer, one end and a lump hammer the other end.

On 18/02/2024 at 10:51, tonyh29 said:

It seems they gave Bailey as Offside , … interestingly the complete opposite of Newcastles goal against us at St James park where the offside player was deemed not to be impacting the game 

It seems that, if decisions impact a team that is close to the presenters heart, it is given air time, and forensic analysis......if its us, controversial incidents, are dismissed as irrelevant.

We can't make folk like us.....so why should we try. We know the score, so horlicks to 'em.

ps I am still tickled pink, how the flag went up, but VAR took 4 minutes to confirm....that lino had no idea, of that offside.... when it took the James Webb telescope to intervene.

I didnt think it was off side at full speed, so when the lino flagged I thought don't worry VAR will spot this.

Then I just spent 2 mins laughing at telly when they started drawing the lines, they aren't even trying to launder the money before spending it.

This is probably the biggest thing about the game they need to sort out. No other sport that uses technology has the same issues, and that's with balls travelling over 100 mph.

It's either favouritism or incompetence

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I didnt think it was off side at full speed, so when the lino flagged I thought don't worry VAR will spot this.

Then I just spent 2 mins laughing at telly when they started drawing the lines, they aren't even trying to launder the money before spending it.

This is probably the biggest thing about the game they need to sort out. No other sport that uses technology has the same issues, and that's with balls travelling over 100 mph.

It's either favouritism or incompetence

I still think the Penalty dismissal, was more bizarre....how that could be waivered is beyond me.

There was a lighter challenge in the Newcastle v Bournemouth game and The Newkie player got a yellow.

I don't think we can just keep accepting this type of decision, where everyone can see its....poor....no other sport, would accept it, like we do.

Ps its beginning to enter my head that these refs work on quota's....its the only feasible conclusion, I can make.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Anywhere else on the pitch and a push like that would have been a free kick.

McGinn did identical shoulder challenges v Chelsea and Fulham, the one at Fulham was a free kick but the one v Chelsea was play on.. I just don't understand it anymore

Â