Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/24 at 23:59

A much needed win.

Watkins was MOM for 2 great goals. but Pau was amazing - the guy is class.

Martinez save was superb.

We should have had a penalty, and should have put away more chances, but hey, end of the day, a great win to send us up to 4th.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t he blunder for their goal? 

Either he or Martinez need to make it theirs but neither did. On the whole Lenglet was calm and competent.

• Like 4

Watkins MOTM - 2 clinical finishes and tireless as ever.

Closely followed by Pau, McGinn and Emi who all had great games.

Sloppy goal to concede which made it closer than it ought to be, but this was a fantastic result and decent performance.

Feels like a pivotal victory this one! 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Either he or Martinez need to make it theirs but neither did. On the whole Lenglet was calm and competent.

Fair enough. Personally think the defender should always clear if unsure. 

Good to hear he played well. Especially on the right side. Him and Torres partnership could be very important for us for the next month or so.

10 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Watkins MOTM - 2 clinical finishes and tireless as ever.

Closely followed by Pau, McGinn and Emi who all had great games.

Sloppy goal to concede which made it closer than it ought to be, but this was a fantastic result and decent performance.

Feels like a pivotal victory this one! 

The running he gets through is insane, you can see why he's always the last man standing in them pre-season run till you drop drills. He would excel in any of the ultra endurance sports.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chasetown Villa said:

They’ll be fuming at Stockley Park tonight. Every trick in the book was attempted to prevent us winning.

Can't help but think we're going to get absolutely shat on by them at some point and it'll really cost us

22 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Can't help but think we're going to get absolutely shat on by them at some point and it'll really cost us

The opening "goal" against Sheff Utd and the non-penalty against Man Utd not bad enough for ya?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t he blunder for their goal? 

For me it was Martinez at fault but I’ll get a better look on Match of the day shortly 

Suspect Lenglet should have dealt with it but not one to dwell on. Just one of those.

That was a penalty on Ollie and the Moreno goal should have stood.  Thank McGrath those weren't costly in the end!! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

Can anyone tell me the song the fans were singing,started with 'Thursday nights' I think.

Oh what a night

Watching Villa on a Thursday night

Blues are watching cos they're **** shite

What a feeling, what a night

(Something like that I think)

Edited by NewportStu
  • Thanks 1

Big shout out to the Villa supporters once again. Watching on TV and listening to them from afar makes me proud. I can imagine the drive it must give the players. Well done to the WHOLE team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

The opening "goal" against Sheff Utd and the non-penalty against Man Utd not bad enough for ya?

Not at this stage. The points we've lost there can be regained in the many games remaining at those points. 

If/when we get shafted in the last 3 or 4 games and let Spurs/Man Utd ahead of us then we'll struggle to pull it back. VAR arguably hasnt cost anyone a title/European qualification in a defining end of season game yet... sods law says we'll be the ones irrevocably shafted by it to benefit of at least one of The Amazing Big Six

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Melvilla2 said:

Big shout out to the Villa supporters once again. Watching on TV and listening to them from afar makes me proud. I can imagine the drive it must give the players. Well done to the WHOLE team.

Big shout of to MotD once again. Insightful analysis as always!

• Haha 1

Â