Ratings & Reactions: FAC4R: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/24 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Yeah he was terrible at the weekend only creating three goals.  The trouble isn't Luiz - it's Tielemans and McGinn having awful matches and giving the ball away every time they got it.  It meant that Chelsea could put two men onto Luiz as he was our only midfield threat.

Did you see him sprint once today?

14 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I couldn’t give a shit about the FA cup. Glad we’re out  

I still find it hard to get my head around how much commentators dislike us. Even when we scored Dixon said it a mishit and a fluke. 

Never been fashionable , **** em’ 

13 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Absolute dross. I’m seriously concerned about our back 4. All 4 of them look absolutely horrendous - collectively and individually. Midfield no better, but I’m confident they will get their mojo back. 

Back four will obviously suffer because the midfield was so shit, but hey ho lets ignore the fact that our regular heroes were absolutely shit and blame it on the back ups.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Maybe so but that’s still £70m worth of defenders and two of our top earners.

You think Carlos and Lenglet are worth 70 million quid? FFS!!

And so we’re clear that’s about half what one of Chelsea’s midfielders is worth. 

No pace in midfield. No movement off the ball and constantly giving the ball away.

I hope Emery doesn’t come out and sugar coat that performance?

• Like 2

Just now, smg said:

Back four will obviously suffer because the midfield was so shit, but hey ho lets ignore the fact that our regular heroes were absolutely shit and blame it on the back ups.

Exactly. Today it was not about our perceived poor second string. It was all about our best players not performing, or not giving a shit.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

That was a **** awful performance. Not one player on the Villa team gave anywhere near 100%.

4 subs should have been made at half time rather than two in the 80th minute. Really poor by the manager.

Play that way against Man U and Villa will concede double what they did tonight!

Lack of investment in any real quality in the Jan window is already starting to show.

you are right, it was an awful performance but to say ''not one player on the Villa team gave anywhere near 100% is bordering hysteria. It's harsh on Watkins who didn't get much service but still chased many a lost cause. I would also defend Martinez as he could do little for the goals. 

agree it was poor management from Emery, subs should have been made at HT and yes, a performance like that and Manure will turn us over.

and as for the lack of investment in January, have you not heard of FFP?

• Thanks 1

Just now, smg said:

Not sure you’ve read my comment properly. I clearly said the midfield were no better, but Luiz, Kamara and McGinn have shown much much more than Lenglet, Carlos and Cash and so moving forward I have more confidence on their collective and individual levels. 

If there was an award for shit player of the match (SPOM) Kamara would have walked it.

Constantly gave the ball away, and was responsible for the first 2 goals.

To be fair, he was only the worst of a very bad bunch.

Manager used his subs too late, and referee was terrible.

Shit happens; bad night at the office; we go on.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Any other manager, I'd wonder.

Not a chance is Unai throwing anything.

Disagree, he is absolutely a pragmatist. He has no affinity with the fa cup and knows we do not have the squad to compete in three competitions.

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Not sure you’ve read my comment properly. I clearly said the midfield were no better, but Luiz, Kamara and McGinn have shown much much more than Lenglet, Carlos and Cash and so moving forward I have more confidence on their collective and individual levels. 

Read it perfectly, they are first choice players the others are back ups (even Cash as Konsa is the preferred full back for many) so they will obviously perform at a higher level hopefully in the future more of our fan base will learn to recognise that back up players aren’t as good as the first choice and therefore will not reach the same levels but still need to be supported.Tonight the midfield regulars cost us that game not the back up defenders.

People saying it's fine us going out. That doesn't excuse the performance, I've never seen such negative body language from a team who are 4th in the Premier League. A total acceptance of defeat, which, in my book, is absolutely unforgivable. 

I know it's clutching at straws, but 4 minutes of added time, what was that all about? Anyway, we got what we fully deserved. Cash, just gash. Moreno, headless chicken. Diego, that lost, he may struggle to find his way home. Lenglet, I'll give that he tried. Luiz, running on diesel. Tielemans, a joke. McGinn, his worst for a long time. Kamara, started the rot and continued enhancing the rot. Bailey, flattered to deceive. Watkins, another who at least tried. 

Totally ruined my evening. 

All that momentum from Saturday just thrown away with that garbage. 

• Like 1

Â