Match Thread: FAC4R: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Just now, CVByrne said:

We had that run of games last year around the same time list 4 1 3 0 and 4 2 and we came out of it in excellent form.

I'm sure this can be fixed by Emery and team. 

Nope it can’t. This is it now. All down hill from here. We’ll be playing Scunthorpe in a couple of years. 

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

You seem unsure. Do we fight well under pressure? Maybe you know better.

Sheffield brought the fight and got walloped. Do you think Man City and Arsenal came to rollover? Did AZ Alkmaar allows to waltz in and destroy their unbeaten home run? That’s without even thinking about it.

Yes we’ve struggled of late with a small squad and injuries after showing league contender form for half a season, but your statement is simply untrue.

• Like 2

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

What is how we play, slow?

Slow and patient, yes. Then the idea is to wait for an opening and then play quick.  People getting arsed about high lines and slowly knocking it around the back are on a hiding to nothing.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

There's no denying we've not played well (Sheff Utd aside) for quite a while now though. It is a little concerning, huge test for Unai.

Probably fair - almost since the win over Arsenal. 

Just now, SimonVilla said:

Ollie is well up for this to be fair 

At this point, given we have literally no cover for him, this is not the 20+ minutes of football I really want him to be pumped up for.

Just now, thunderball said:

Sheffield brought the fight and got walloped. Do you think Man City and Arsenal came to rollover? Did AZ Alkmaar allows to waltz in and destroy their unbeaten home run? That’s without even thinking about it.

Yes we’ve struggled of late with a small squad and injuries after showing league contender form for half a season, but your statement is simply untrue.

Obviously I mean "of late"!