Match Thread: FAC4R: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

One positive to take is we have always followed a loss up with a win this season. So hopefully we get a big reaction on Sunday 

Against a team we seem to be completely cursed against I give us an infinetismal chance on this performance 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We start showing some impetus and all of a sudden it's not one way traffic 

Imagine if we did that from the beginning.

Yeah exactly playing passive football at home. You have to get stuck in from the get go not wake up on 75 mins 😒 

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Tonight’s something I’ve not seen from him with us before, not making subs until the 70th minute there, not even attempting to tweak the tactics. It’s stubborn nothing else 

Subs should have been made at half time. His body language looks off today and indignant.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

PLAY ON YOU MUGGS!! FFS!

This has been an issue all season actually, even when we're doing well. Playing to the whistle is the most basic of all basics and yet we so often just stop playing because we're expecting the whistle and end up way out of position.

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Which of them would have made it 4-0. We’ve an XG of 0.89 and only three shots on target 

In case you hadn't noticed Chelsea have scored 3 goals so it would be 4-3

• Haha 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

3-0 down at home and we’re playing with less urgency than when we were 4-0 up at the weekend 

I agree. Someone write 'URGENCY' in a paper aeroplane and send it onto the pitch quick and we'll easily win this 3-4.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

No benefit at all from these two games against chelsea 

We'd have been far better off sending out a young side and losing in the first leg tbh, this squad is stretched so thin as it is with the conference league.

Can understand people really wanting us to go as far as we can, but I don't think it's helping our season