How far do you live from Villa Park?

Marka Ragnos

How far do you live from Villa Park?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. How far do you live from Villa Park? (in kilometres)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/24 at 04:15

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's not at all absurd! I did live in Hanoi when I chose the name, and coming home wasn't on the agenda. Alas, real life intervened and I no longer live in my favourite city. But I like the name, so it isn't changing. 

what did you get sacked for?...spending time on Villa Talk?😀

• Haha 1

I'm pretty sure there are more bluenoses in the city, than Villa Fans.

It also seems, we have a problem attracting fans from 2000-3000 miles away and 10k-13k

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

It also seems, we have a problem attracting fans from 2000-3000 miles away and 10k-13k

One day, little claret and blue outposts will appear in Moscow, Athens, and Nuuk (Greenland). One day ... 😉

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

2 miles now. 

Used to be even closer than that, when I was a kid I'd sit in the back garden when we were playing cuz I could hear the roar when we scored

So could I from 2 miles away (but less as the crow flies). It was a great to hear the crowd roar!:clap:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It’s weird because the Villans who live less than 10km from VP now have a special halo of awesomeness around them in my mind. 😉🙌 I can’t help it. 

9 miles for me now, does that get those of us that miss out on the "halo of awesomeness" thanks to the metric system a "halo of slight smugness" at least?:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No way. 

I agree, working at JLR Solihull, mate , I can confirm that Villa from what I have seen, got far more fans. It maybe to do with our relative success over the last 10 years (when compared to SHA) but we do seem to be attracting more fans under 30 years old. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tinker said:

I agree, working at JLR Solihull, mate , I can confirm that Villa from what I have seen, got far more fans. It maybe to do with our relative success over the last 10 years (when compared to SHA) but we do seem to be attracting more fans under 30 years old. 

The site of JLR is a sea of royal blue and white 

mate

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John said:

9 miles for me now, does that get those of us that miss out on the "halo of awesomeness" thanks to the metric system a "halo of slight smugness" at least?:D

As somebody from the ‘halo of awesomeness’ the reply to your question is… 

giphy.gif

😉😜😂

• Haha 4

I live 8 miles away and I can't hear VP when we score, but people in my locality can hear me when we score, which is why I'm known as "Shut the **** up" to many people in Halesowen.🤗

• Haha 3

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I live 8 miles away and I can't hear VP when we score, but people in my locality can hear me when we score, which is why I'm known as "Shut the **** up" to many people in Halesowen.🤗

And beyond.

x

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I'd bet my pulse on this categorically not being the case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TRO said:

14 minutes ago, wedge said:

I'd bet my pulse on this categorically not being the case.

I’d also put my mortgage on this not being the case. I’ve worked at a few employers in Birmingham City Centre over the last 30 years and at each one Villa fans have massively outnumbered Blues fans.

I know that a fundamental flaw to this argument is that it’s based on Blues fans who are employed, but in my experience, having been born in Birmingham and lived here all my life, I see more Villa fans then Blues across all walks of life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â