How far do you live from Villa Park?

Marka Ragnos

How far do you live from Villa Park?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. How far do you live from Villa Park? (in kilometres)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/24 at 04:15

4 hours ago, John said:

9 miles for me now, does that get those of us that miss out on the "halo of awesomeness" thanks to the metric system a "halo of slight smugness" at least?:D

Certainly measures up in my book! 

• Haha 1

Born in Selly Oak and lived in Northfield and Selly Oak suburbs of Birmingham until age 22, so around 6 miles or 10km from Villa Park, as the crow flies.

Last 32 years spent just south of the Lickey Hills so 12 miles or 20km. Fortunately the extra distance is soon travelled using the M5, so I'm still home in an hour after the final whistle.

• Like 1

13 miles in a straight line, 16 by car. Takes me 23 minutes to drive it on a non-match day, about 45 minutes getting to the game with traffic, 2 hours getting home, unless we leave before final whistle (yes sometimes I'm one of those nobs, but my lad is 10 and midnight is too late for him to get back in the week)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, limpid said:

I'm not sure that's possible. It's more than the diameter of the planet.

I'm guessing the linked calculator measures the distance across the surface of the planet rather than cutting through the middle

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Icarium said:

I'm guessing the linked calculator measures the distance across the surface of the planet rather than cutting through the middle

Unless he's a flat earther

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, TRO said:

I'm pretty sure there are more bluenoses in the city, than Villa Fans.

It also seems, we have a problem attracting fans from 2000-3000 miles away and 10k-13k

North Brum mostly Villa

East Brum mostly Blues

South/South West Brum a mix of Blues and Villa

West Birmingham/Sandwell a mix of Villa and Albion

I'd say we probably edge it, because you find more Villa in Blues areas than vice versa 

• Like 1

I know quite a few people haven't answered, but I'm a little surprised at the apparent lack of other Americans on here (presumably between 5,000-9,000 km or thereabouts?). I thought there would be dozens. I don't know why I thought that. If we make it into the Champions League, I think that would change a bit, but who knows?

Can't help but feel a new sense of slight intimidation and awe at seeing all these people I imagined as being flung all over the world living relatively close to VP,  too. I'm a little embarrassed at presumptuous stuff I've posted or just stupid assumptions I've made. This is a cool forum. I hadn't realised I was really getting a chance to mix it up with so many VP "locals" -- at least locals compared to me. It makes this all seem like a special place, as corny as that sounds. I also get this fresh sense of inspiration from the people who do live on the other side of the world and who still follow the Villa. That's pure gold, to see that. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

Â