Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

17 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

There are UCL quality players that are under £20mil look at Akanji..

I hope we make some clever signings.

I would like us to create our own stars like a Son ect..

We have created one in Emi, i hope we can do the same this summer!

There are players out there that are flying under the radar, or that are at mid table clubs but are capable of stepping up, these are the players that we'll be targeting.

It's a shame we probably can't raid Leverksuen anymore 🤣

54 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Pointless as he'd be too expensive relative to players from abroad. We can target players at top clubs abroad because we can offer higher wages and now CL football plus the draw of the Prem and Emery. 

I think those transfer fee brackets are incredibly similar, to be honest.

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

When healthy we have - 

17 players that Emery Trusts - Emi, Konsa, Carlos, Torres, Mings, Digne, Moreno, Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Ramsey, Rogers, Mcginn, Buendia, Bailey, Diaby, Watkins

We need to bump that number up to 21 or 22 hopefully Duran improvement brings that to 18, New RB + Hermoso is 20, then 2 New CMs for 22 given Kamara is out for a decent portion of next season. 

I think you missed Cash and Duran from the list. I think Emery trusts him now for next season. I think we'll keep Olsen as 3rd choice keeper and Gauci get more opportunities.

I think another CM is key and think Hermoso being added will have our squad in good shape. 

It's the about what else we can do with player trading and additions. I feel like we are an attacker short. A versatile forward who can play across front line. 

I think we'll look to upgrade right back also. 

Exciting times.  Monchi and Emery know exactly the profile of the players we need, with the attributes required to help us build a better unit.  Emery seems to be able to improve the players at his disposal too.

As the season has progressed and injuries have taken hold, Emery has become more and more limited in how to approach each game.  I genuinely believe with players returning and a handful of new signings, we will return to playing how we were at the start of the season and will have many more options for how we attack and defend in each game.

Can't wait

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think you missed Cash and Duran from the list. I think Emery trusts him now for next season. I think we'll keep Olsen as 3rd choice keeper and Gauci get more opportunities.

I think another CM is key and think Hermoso being added will have our squad in good shape. 

It's the about what else we can do with player trading and additions. I feel like we are an attacker short. A versatile forward who can play across front line. 

You think we're offering Olsen a contract extension?

Also, and not sure it would matter massively, I think we'd be limited to an absolute maximum of 5 players from abroad - 4 depending on if Nedeljkovic is in our squad next season.

41 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Is that £4m received from the Sanson deal?

That'll put a stop to some of the scaremongering around FFP / PSR.

In all seriousness though, really hoping we can get our outgoing business done quickly to focus on the incoming players.

€4m fee. Nice triggered the purchase agreement. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

As much as some people would like as well, we can't simply just tear the team apart in one summer.

We need some sort of continuity and phased change. Both for morale AND performance.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 14/05/2024 at 10:31, TRO said:

just seen a report linking us with Denzel Dumfries.......Now that's the sort of game changing defender, that would suit us.

Why? He cant defend

57 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

There are UCL quality players that are under £20mil look at Akanji..

I hope we make some clever signings.

I would like us to create our own stars like a Son ect..

We have created one in Emi, i hope we can do the same this summer!

Akanji was a strange one as a bit of a flop in Germany and I think City signed him as last minute cover

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Anything transfer wise they have my full backing but a 21 year old who turned down big clubs to go to Saudi raises some red flags. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You think we're offering Olsen a contract extension?

Also, and not sure it would matter massively, I think we'd be limited to an absolute maximum of 5 players from abroad - 4 depending on if Nedeljkovic is in our squad next season.

Olsen has a year left on his deal

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If this is the one I'm thinking of, isn't he meant to be a prodigious talent and people were scratching heads when he went to Saudi?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

€4m fee. Nice triggered the purchase agreement. 

it covers the last year of amortisation on his contract.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If this is the one I'm thinking of, isn't he meant to be a prodigious talent and people were scratching heads when he went to Saudi?

That’s the lad. “Spanish” “prodigious” Emery and Monchi are like 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91450bq390h6gz0xjkwb

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We can allow a lapse in judgement from a young player tbf. He'd need to take quite the pay cut though.

• Like 1

After mention of us looking for wingers, hoping Leeds fail tomorrow cause Summerville looks absolutely electric I would think would be our main target (Nico Williams probably our dream target but looks unrealistic with Barcelona intrest) 

• Like 1

Â