Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Grealish possibly being flogged in the summer - would he fit in an Emery team?

A lot of emotional responses would be an immediate ‘no’. But fact is he would thrive in our team by being the number 10 again. I think it would be a big statement signing if we got back in the champions league and signed him back.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Nah, they use knives now...much quieter.

Certainly do, saw some one chased out of the petrol station by a knife wielding lad on a electric bike not long ago.

33 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Would need to be a loan.

and yes. He fits in almost any team in the world if fit. Great player. 

Fermin Lopez is an interesting prospect at Barca who are still an ongoing financial shit show so could be tempted to sell him. Could see a move being made. 

45 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I would definitely have him back, quality player. Fee and wages would be a huge issue though sadly

Koopmeiners seemingly wants to leave Atalanta this summer, he mentioned in an interview that he’d be willing to put up with the bad weather in the UK lol. I’m sure he’ll have a lot of suitors in the Prem

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Would he want to come? Could we afford him thanks to FFP? Would UE want him? I suspect that all three answers may well be:  

how about no, dr evil | Dr evil, Austin powers, One in a million I suspect that he will return in a few years, like Ashley did though. 

They will struggle to shift a player on 300k a week thats for sure. He isnt going to go to Saudi. Or even abroad i would guess . Too much of a brit. Too close tohis family 

On whether we should buy him or loan him back...We play differently now. Its all about the team and threats from everywhere. Not just give the ball to Jack. Besides i dont think he will ever get back to what he was.  He isnt as quick as he was , gets injuries and i think his confidence has taken a huge dent at City. It was his confidence and cockiness which made him great for us. Pep is doing his thing of calling him out which never ends well. 

• Like 1

Grealish

No

Big wages and fee

Never good going back

He will also see it as a backward step

Will he give it his all

He’ll be 29 in September and while still young, his injuries will be an issue at his age

No resale value

He’s an excellent player on his day but we need to look for the next Grealish and not the silly money it would cost for this Grealish.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

They will struggle to shift a player on 300k a week thats for sure. He isnt going to go to Saudi. Or even abroad i would guess . Too much of a brit. Too close tohis family 

On whether we should buy him or loan him back...We play differently now. Its all about the team and threats from everywhere. Not just give the ball to Jack. Besides i dont think he will ever get back to what he was.  He isnt as quick as he was , gets injuries and i think his confidence has taken a huge dent at City. It was his confidence and cockiness which made him great for us. Pep is doing his thing of calling him out which never ends well. 

PSG? Mbappe money?

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Yes, he would slot into left midfield.

I would love him to come back but it would depend on what City wanted as a fee and what Jack would accept for wages.

Â