Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I hope we are able to fix our salary situation a bit by getting rid of high paid fringe players like Olsen, Chambers, (Digne if he want's to move and we find a replacement) Donk, Coutinho, Sanson...

Edit: Along with Zaniolo & Lenglet off the books.

Edited by sne

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Arsenal definitely made multiple formal bids for Luiz previously. 

When he was available for about 15 million under the slippy clearing in the woods. He would go for 5/6 times that now and Arsenal spent about 500 million in last 2 seasons so cant afford him

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Said this for months that McGinn is an obvious FFP sale. The key to good management is selling at the right time. If we got a 50 million bid from United it would solve a lot of issues and as much as we love the guy he is probably going to drop off in next season or 2

It's just like selling your best youngsters, FFP sucks for emotional attachment to players

Perhaps but he does have a unique skillset, has been here some time, is the captain and is currently playing in place of Kamara because we have no one else who can that isn't a youth player.

I also doubt someone would want to pay 50m for someone who is 30 a couple of months later.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Perhaps but he does have a unique skillset, has been here some time, is the captain and is currently playing in place of Kamara because we have no one else who can that isn't a youth player.

I also doubt someone would want to pay 50m for someone who is 30 a couple of months later.

United would especially if Ratcliffe is asking Fergie for advice

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

United would especially if Ratcliffe is asking Fergie for advice

I think the new guys in charge are going to make a break with what they have done over the last decade, the Utd of the last few years might have

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I wouldn't sell him unless we could get £50m. Even then I'm not sure.

A financial win of course.

John brings a lot of character and intangibles that are priceless around the club.

I'm the same. He's infectious under Emery and has really improved as an actual footballer in last 18 months (rather than just getting endlessly around the pitch in a high tempo manner). Now he's making excellent decisions in the final third of the pitch (was a lovely cross for Luiz goal). Two years ago I would've sold him, not now.

Also coming up to 30 so I don't see anyone bidding huge amounts and just feels right he plays for us in the CL given he's the longest server in the squad. Did we sign him before even NSWE had completed the takeover?

People keep saying we will need to sell ONE big player.

But I actually feel we have so much deadwood, even receiving minimal - medium transfer fees, plus just getting them off the books and clearing their wages lifts fts a much larger burden off FFP than we think

Aside from this ( Even though currently injured ), even the likes of Buendia could.become a saleable asset by summer.

Basically, there are a shedload of things i'd rather do to navigate FFP, than selling the likes of McGinn or Ramsey.

McGinn is pretty much one of us att his point... He is one of those players who I feel would leave a huge whole which ppl may only.rralise after he's gone.

Obviously qualifying for Champions league would make all this much easier.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People keep saying we will need to sell ONE big player.

But I actually feel we have so much deadwood, even receiving minimal - medium transfer fees, plus just getting them off the books and clearing their wages lifts fts a much larger burden off FFP than we think

Aside from this ( Even though currently injured ), even the likes of Buendia could.become a saleable asset by summer.

Basically, there are a shedload of things if rather do to navigate FFP, than selling the likes of McGinn or Ramsey.

McGinn is pretty much one of us att his point... He is one of those players who I feel would leave a huge whole which ppl may only.rralise after he's gone.

Obviously qualifying for Champions league would make all this much easier.

I’ve already pointed out that selling the deadwood doesn’t work when I posted all the amortisation values.

you could sell them all but Watkins that I mentioned and yea you could get in a right back and left back for sure for decent fees but you couldn’t sign the other two players which would leave us exceptionally light. 1 injured DCM and 3 centre backs.

you can forget about selling mings or Buendia too, 1 they shouldn’t be sold, 2 they have had a whole season out so no one is giving us the figures required.

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Said this for months that McGinn is an obvious FFP sale. The key to good management is selling at the right time. If we got a 50 million bid from United it would solve a lot of issues and as much as we love the guy he is probably going to drop off in next season or 2

It's just like selling your best youngsters, FFP sucks for emotional attachment to players

Why Mcginn? He wouldn't have much value increasingly due to age.

I also don't think people quite realise how strong a position we have with Watkins, Bailey and Luiz, and their rediculous output this season. I see people say clubs might come in for them this summer. Those three are currently three of the best players in the Premier league, without exaggeration. They're all in the top 3 of their individual positions for sure. They're all relatively young and on long contracts with us. Also. They all appeared close to surplus to requirements about eighteen months ago too.

This is the point about allowing allowing Emery and the team to go out and find the likes of Torres, Moreno, Tielemans etc. Bring them in and develop them into top players like they have with Bailey, Watkins, Luiz etc. We might need to take £90 mil for one of our top players, and it truly isn't the end of the world.

• Like 2

If we had to sell one big player, I'll say it, it won't be popular, but it would be Ramsey. 

We've proved we can play well and cope without him.Other players who miss games... Martinez, Torres, Kamara, etc, we are much weaker. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

If we had to sell one big player, I'll say it, it won't be popular, but it would be Ramsey. 

We've proved we can play well and cope without him.Other players who miss games... Martinez, Torres, Kamara, etc, we are much weaker. 

I think (I may be wrong of course) that we cope quite well without Kamara.

I don’t doubt he is a high quality player but we seem to get on ok when he’s out too.

Really wouldn’t like to lose Ramsey he is a massive talent.

1 minute ago, MarkLillis said:

I think (I may be wrong of course) that we cope quite well without Kamara.

I don’t doubt he is a high quality player but we seem to get on ok when he’s out too.

Really wouldn’t like to lose Ramsey he is a massive talent.

Statically I think we're not bad and assume would be pure profit as signed on a free and on highest wages in the club

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I’m wondering if Diaby is a luxury we can afford to live without - given the spend and minutes he’s getting 

He's a real talent and will come good - like Bailey has done, but hopefully a lot quicker to reach his top level!

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

If we needed to sell a big ticket player, would think it more likely that Ramsey or Diaby could be sold, rather than a Luiz or Watkins. Added to that the sales of Olsen, Sanson, Digne, Hause, Chambers, Dendoncker, Coutinho, possibly Carlos, Duran or Cash?  Zaniolo and Lenglet going back. Could be one or two of the younger academy players to be sold again? 

With Rogers signed and Buendia returning for next season, we could cope without either Ramsey or Diaby player (if we had to sell one that is).

We’ve actually done pretty well exploring who is out of contract and getting someone in (ie Kamara and Tielemans).  I wonder if there are one or two that we could consider this summer?  Anyone know of a couple that we could look at?

Edited by ferguson1

20 hours ago, sne said:

I hope we are able to fix our salary situation a bit by getting rid of high paid fringe players like Olsen, Chambers, (Digne if he want's to move and we find a replacement) Donk, Coutinho, Sanson...

Edit: Along with Zaniolo & Lenglet off the books.

I'm a bit nervous about this. We've needed these high earners at some point and next season if we make champions league we will need an even higher quality to rely on. Digne has played a lot of games, lenglet a previous high earning fringe player has been essential and probably dendonker would be getting some game time if he was still here. 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'm the same. He's infectious under Emery and has really improved as an actual footballer in last 18 months (rather than just getting endlessly around the pitch in a high tempo manner). Now he's making excellent decisions in the final third of the pitch (was a lovely cross for Luiz goal). Two years ago I would've sold him, not now.

Also coming up to 30 so I don't see anyone bidding huge amounts and just feels right he plays for us in the CL given he's the longest server in the squad. Did we sign him before even NSWE had completed the takeover?

He signed in August, NSWE brought the club in July so I think he was the first and only signing in that window.  Fair play to Bruce there.

• Thanks 1

Â