Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Unai seems to also be filling the team with versatile players who are good on the ball. ( This should also help us be less predictable, and more able to switch up tactics at any time )

As mentioned prior, some players may not seem " exciting " on the surface, but as a collective sum... They may make an exciting team with Unai.

Scenes when @TRO finds out we are getting another 6 footer plus in the space of a week.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

We will know internally from Harrison who worked closely with him what his potential is, his football intelligence, his persoanlithy and work ethic, willingness to learn etc and how he could develop with the right effort and patience .  That crucial inside knowledge with Emery’s tactical genius with the way he develops players makes this a very exciting link IMO. Some of the risk will be taken out of it knowing Harrison has worked with him and if he had any doubts no deal would be happening. Reyna is the bigger name and maybe has a higher ceiling but also comes with some baggage in terms of injuries and questions raised about his commitment which may be unfair but based on what has been reported and commented on by the USMNT coach. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unai seems to also be filling the team with versatile players who are good on the ball. ( This should also help us be less predictable, and more able to switch up tactics at any time )

As mentioned prior, some players may not seem " exciting " on the surface, but as a collective sum... They may make an exciting team with Unai.

Scenes when @TRO finds out we are getting another 6 footer plus in the space of a week.

I’m happy for us to sign anyone who Unai himself has a genuine interest in and sees as fitting in and worth it… fact we’ve submitted a bid (rejected) must mean that’s the case and Monchi is on board - who could be a better judge of a player than Unai? Fan opinions simply do not compare…

It’s always good to supplement your senior and more relied on players with youngsters with high potential that can become a big part of our future… shopping in the Championship (or even below and certainly abroad) would provide more value than PL and I can’t imagine these kids asking for huge wages, rather they’d be attracted to and excited to be playing for such a big club and taking that step in their careers… they’re gonna have the HUNGER… determination and energy…

the better ones should be able to make some sort of impact from the bench and at least inject some energy or tempo into games… rather than slow, has-been, injury prone players on inflated wages…

It’s all very wise…

we have evidently been trying to trim down and streamline this squad… so that each player can actually be useful…

and yeah, every player in an Unai side needs to be comfortable on the ball and proficient in the pass…

-

it’s funny, because recent names and moves (like Nedeljkovic) are reminding me how some of us would’ve approached a new game of FM or CM (back in the day) and tried to nab all the best youngsters at the best prices asap 😂

and ditch the oldies 😆

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Do we have any clue about how much the bid is if true we made one?

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

They signed him for a million. How much will we offer for him?

No idea… but reports say the first bid was “not close to their valuation”…

might be a drawn out negotiation… maybe we walk away if they refuse to budge…

Fan opinions from the “selling club” are often a good indicator of how good the player may be…

Many are worried or concerned and rate him… say he’s more of a creator than a scorer too…

Edited by Jas10

These young targets and moves, with loans back for the remainder of the season, are cool and all…

I’d just love one or two players to join the first team and help us out for the rest of this season also…

• Like 2

I reckon he’ll have a release clause … Probs will be for an undisclosed fee if he indeed joins  - what is the point in those as doesn’t it get recorded in the accounts ? Is it poss something to do with GDPR ?  

Edited by thabucks

Just now, Jas10 said:

These young targets and moves, with loans back for the remainder of the season, are cool and all…

I’d just love one or two players to join the first team and help us out for the rest of this season also…

Nobody will be joining the first team unless someone leaves, Emery has said as much. Hence why we’re shopping for future stars.

42 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Meanwhile Morgan Rogers has 2 goals in 25 Championship games 😂

There’s a quite intriguing theory that promising young players can be coached to become very good players.

I wonder if this is part of our plan?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

There’s a quite intriguing theory that promising young players can be coached to become very good players.

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

No better coach than Unai… if he backs himself to bring out the best in any player (as he has demonstrated throughout his career and time here)… then we should back him… who are we to argue?

Â