Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

31 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

But he's not a signing a top 4 team makes, especially when they've already decided that they can't accommodate game time for their better Academy players and decided to sell them on. 

He'll basically come here and get even less game time than JPB was going to get so it seems a totally pointless signing as far as I can see. Unless it's for cheap and we loan him back to Boro and our plan is to sell him on for profit without ever playing a game for us like we did with Azaz.

Surely Unai has earned our trust? For what it’s worth I think this kid is much better than A Ramsey, Archer or Bidace. Time will tell of course but this kid is a proper heads up football player. He could become top drawer.

1 minute ago, useless said:

The bid has been rejected, he's one of a few young players we're looking at, so If we don't sign him, we will probably sign another player of a similar status. Going by the links seems we want a young project type player, as the new winger signing, and Emery hinted as much in press conference for the Everton game.

Yh. He is similar to Reyna.

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Surely Unai has earned our trust? For what it’s worth I think this kid is much better than A Ramsey, Archer or Bidace. Time will tell of course but this kid is a proper heads up football player. He could become top drawer.

Come on man you can't really think this? 

Even Boro fans themselves, who have watched this lad and Archer and Ramsey, would rather have Ramsey and Archer back over this lad. Some say they don't even think he gets in their strongest 11 and they're a midtable Championship side miles below our level. Go on their forum it's all out there. So unless Boro fans don't watch their own players properly, I'd say you're quite wrong.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Maybe I've been a bit harsh on the lad, I like to give every player a chance, but when Spurs go out and sign Timo Werner to help them in their top 4 hunt and we're signing players who haven't really stood out in the Championship it does feel very frustrating.

timo werner is **** shit mate. he was shit for chelsea and he's barely played this season for leipzig

rather us sign players that might actually be useful than a complete panic signing like werner on silly wages

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

timo werner is **** shit mate. he was shit for chelsea and he's barely played this season for leipzig

rather us sign players that might actually be useful than a complete panic signing like werner on silly wages

But he's not sh*t. You're using your Villa tinted specs to make a point and it doesn't work.

He can't finish that's for sure, but he's not sh*t. Got an assist on his debut, looked lively. 60 odd caps for Germany. If he was here right now he'd start ahead of Ramsey and Zaniolo.

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Even Boro fans themselves, who have watched this lad and Archer and Ramsey, would rather have Ramsey and Archer back over this lad. Some say they don't even think he gets in their strongest 11 and they're a midtable Championship side miles below our level. Go on their forum it's all out there. So unless Boro fans don't watch their own players properly, I'd say you're quite wrong.

I’ve been on their forum. A lot of their posters are gutted. 
I do believe that he’s better than the three I listed. Time will tell I guess but he looks to have a much higher ceiling and will suit an Unai team. Unai is boss. He gets my full support. It Unai wants him. I want him.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Wasnt he linked with us as a makeweight when Grealish signed for City

Hasnt really done anything at senior level yet

Yep they supposedly wanted to pay £90M + Rogers before eventually paying the release clause.

Definitely need to be focusing on signing the odd home grown player here or there as we have 7 at the moment and it would be 6 if Chambers leaves (Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Ramsey and Watkins) which would restrict the amount of players we could have in squads for Europe and the Premier League.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

its a pity we have an unqualified Unai Emery and Monchi compared to the Boro fans who know best

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

when did Timo Werner last stand out anywhere?

last season he hit double figures in a league season, we had Samatta, Wesley and Borja Baston up front

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

last season he hit double figures in a league season, we had Samatta, Wesley and Borja Baston up front

we were very lucky to see such talent in our lifetime at the club.

Â