Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you reckon they'd know more than an elite Premier League scouting team and Unai Emery?

Truth is, we don't even know as much about our own players, as they do.

If it was up to some on here, Leon Bailey should have been flogged for 500,000 in the last summer window. ( Actual comment )

Bailey was different. He was playing at a very high level for Leverkusen and clearly capable of the level required to star for us despite what some numpties on here said (I wasn't one of them by the way).

This is a guy from a Championship team who hasn't even stood out at that level. It's literally a signing I'd expect us to make when we had Paul Lambert as manager and scraping the lower leagues for players. 

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

But he's not a signing a top 4 team makes, especially when they've already decided that they can't accommodate game time for their better Academy players and decided to sell them on. 

Man City signed match winner Oscar Bob from a second tier Norwegian side.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Man City signed match winner Oscar Bob from a second tier Norwegian side.

And we signed a youngster from the Serbian league (which I actually rate, I think he'll turn out to be good).

I just don't see anything in this player. Just because he was in City's Academy doesn't mean anything. And I thought we were selling players like JPB to bring in proven international footballers, not lesser players than the actual Academy players we sold. 

It's just a weird signing for me.

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 1

He's was very highly rated in WBA academy, as much as Louie Barry, if not more so, he was also very impressive on loan at Lincoln in League One in same team as Brennan Johnson, his progress seemed to stall a little after that, I think he had a few injuries, but seems to be back on form this season, and still young.

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

So did we with the Serbian lad (which I actually rate, I think he'll turn out to be good).

I just don't see anything in this player. Just because he was in City's Academy doesn't mean anything. And I thought we were selling players like JPB to bring in proven international footballers, not lesser players than the actual Academy players we sold. 

tumblr_mblh2mGjue1qz8x31o1_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

And we signed a youngster from the Serbian league (which I actually rate, I think he'll turn out to be good).

JPB is just on an FFP friendly glorified loan

27 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

We've one of the best managers in the world, one of the most highly regarded sporting directors in Europe, an analytics department, a network of scouts etc... But yeah, it's more likely that Unai saw him the other week and thought: 'Hey, that lad's a bit quick! I'll call Monchi and get him to put a cheeky bid in!' 

Indeed. Emery is just the same as Graham Taylor MK 2 seeing Mark Kinsella and immediately signing him. Just the same level of detail and analysis. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Could it be someone they see a profit in? Like an azazz, bring in for small money and sell on. Very much depends on the price. 

• Like 1

Maybe I've been a bit harsh on the lad, I like to give every player a chance, but when Spurs go out and sign Timo Werner to help them in their top 4 hunt and we're signing players who haven't really stood out in the Championship it does feel very frustrating.

• Haha 1

The bid has been rejected, he's one of a few young players we're looking at, so If we don't sign him, we will probably sign another player of a similar status. Going by the links seems we want a young project type player, as the new winger signing, and Emery hinted as much in press conference for the Everton game.

• Like 1

Â